Hank Marvin new cd?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Hank Marvin new cd?

Postby iefje » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:16 am

A few years ago, I remember reading a message on this forum that Hank was busy rehearsing and recording a follow-up to the "Django's Castle" album.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby bgohara » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:48 pm

Hank has already recorded a second Gypsy Jazz Album, I understand - no word on when it will be released but I understand it will be called ‘Foolin’ with the Feds’

As others have said, there’s a fair bit of work in arranging and recording an album - I know that Hank does his Gypsy Jazz for fun, whereas a mainstream album I suspect is a lot more like ‘work’....
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby iefje » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:45 am

bgohara wrote:Hank has already recorded a second Gypsy Jazz Album, I understand - no word on when it will be released but I understand it will be called ‘Foolin’ with the Feds’

It will probably be issued by MTM Enterprises Pty., just like "Django's Castle". Although I think these are great albums, I don't think Demon Music would be interested to release such an album, but rather the type of album The Shadows did in the second half of the 1980's up to 1990 and Hank as a solo artist in the 1990's, 2000's and 2010's: mostly derivative material with the occasional original composition thrown in.
iefje

Postby Gatwick1946 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:34 pm

A lot of artists are posting performances, recorded in their homes, on Youtube - so Hank could do this, if he wanted to.

I have been enjoying those posted by Mary Chapin Carpenter - but don't look at those posted by Robert Fripp and Toyah Willcox if you are a gentleman of a certain age, or of a nervous disposition!! LOL

Kindest regards,
Christopher
Gatwick1946

Full Real Name: Christopher Richard Hill

Postby StanfordTuck » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:03 pm

As I remembe it well, Jangles Castle wae number one on the American Billboard Jazz Albums Chart .

Cees
StanfordTuck

Full Real Name: Cees van Gent

Postby Arpeggio » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:01 pm

There will certainly be no new CD in terms of releases like "Without A Word" and so on. As for Hank's Gypsy Jazz material.....we shall have to wait and see. But...there will be a forthcoming Hank CD release for fans to enjoy.....fairly soon. I cannot say too much more at the moment. Keep checking Leo's Den from time to time. All will be revealed in good time.
Arpeggio

Postby iefje » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Arpeggio wrote:But...there will be a forthcoming Hank CD release for fans to enjoy.....fairly soon. I cannot say too much more at the moment. Keep checking Leo's Den from time to time. All will be revealed in good time.

Ah, I wonder what material will be released.
iefje

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:26 pm

Not from EMI or Rollover or anything like that.....but I feel pretty certain that fans will go for it in a big way. A lot of time and effort has been spent on it. I cannot say more at this point...but not long to go now.... :D
Arpeggio

Postby drakula63 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:50 pm

I wish someone would do a really good CD release of The Hank Marvin Guitar Syndicate. Surely this would sell enough to make it viable - and let's not forget that, apparently, Jay-Z sampled 'New Earth', so that alone would be worth mentioning as a selling point. Or maybe not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFS_RKtOqY4
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun May 09, 2021 8:11 am

drakula63 wrote: ... let's not forget that, apparently, Jay-Z sampled 'New Earth', so that alone would be worth mentioning as a selling point. Or maybe not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFS_RKtOqY4

Euurrrhhh!!!!! Definitely not.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows