New box set: Local Heroes "Some Of Our Shadows Are Missing"

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

New box set: Local Heroes "Some Of Our Shadows Are Missing"

Postby iefje » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:45 am

Another release which will be of interest, to be released on May 28th: the 3 CD box set by the Local Heroes "Some Of Our Shadows Are Missing - The Complete Barry Gibson's Local Heroes". For the tracklisting see:

https://www.leosden.co.uk/shop/index.php?id_product=2226&controller=product
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: New box set: Local Heroes "Some Of Our Shadows Are Missi

Postby Teflon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:20 am

Thanks for the "heads up". That's a definite buy for me :)

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby Tony Szpala » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm just wondering if Barry is contemplating a 4th release in view of the sad demise of Brian Locking - at the end of the day that will be 4 of our shadows. Anyone know about the possibility?

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Postby leosden » Mon May 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Now available and all pre-release orders being shipped out in the next few days......great set and includes some unreleased recordings. Still features Jet, Tony, Licorice, Brian B, Clem Cattini, Keith West, Albert Lee, Ben Marvin, Warren Bennett and that 'Man of Mystery' plus others. Forward by Bruce and sleeve notes by Rob Bradford. Forgot to mention this is a 3-CD set.
Juliette
leosden

Full Real Name: Pat Read

Postby Teflon » Mon May 24, 2021 6:28 pm

Brilliant news. Pre-ordered mine a while ago, so will have to keep a sharp eye out for postie :D

Cliff
Teflon

Postby Arpeggio » Fri May 28, 2021 4:31 pm

As I was involved with this project, I have just received a 'comp' copy from Cherry Red (I am sure that Leo's Den will be mailing these out now as I know that stock is arriving). A stunning package. Great artwork, crisp remastered sound in stunning quality. Several previously unissued / rare tracks. Superb playing by Barry Gibson, Phil Kelly, Alan Jones and Clem Cattini on the majority of tracks...plus..what a 'Guest List' of magnificent player!!!: Brian Bennett / Warren Bennett / Mo Foster / Cliff Hall / Jet Harris / Albert Lee / Brian Locking / Dzal Martin / Ben Marvin / Tony Meehan / Chris Rae and Keith West!!!! Even if you had the original series as they came out during c. 1996 - 2011...then you still need this magnificent collection. A very fitting tribute to the Shadows indeed. Essential listening. (Very much approved by Bruce - who kindly wrote the foreword). :D
Arpeggio

Postby Teflon » Fri May 28, 2021 10:01 pm

Listening to my copy as I type this reply (arrived this morning from Leos Den) :D . A seriously good package, with great tunes, superbly played by some great musicians. The accompanying booklet makes a nice read as well - nice job Rob :) .

Cliff
Teflon

Return to The Shadows