SHADOWING HANK - latest tour dates

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: SHADOWING HANK - latest tour dates

Postby AlanMcKillop » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am

For completeness, I did get a call back this morning and Gordon’s explanation of the process was confirmed. Look forward to being there.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby MeBHank » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:34 pm

A last-minute date for your diaries, folks! This was arranged some time ago but my team and I were led to believe it was a private, members-only function. Turns out it's open to non-members too, so I'm glad to announce the following date:

Monday 13th June 2022
Oakleigh Lodge Social Club, Bulwell, Nottingham
Two 45-minute sets (8pm start)

Tickets are available on the door. Come and say hi!

Looking forward to seeing you in Pickering and Scarborough, Alan, It'll be good to catch up. Thanks for clearing up the ticket query, Gordon.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby dave robinson » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:46 am

I went to Nottingham to see 'Shadowing Hank' at the Oakleigh Lodge Social Club by way of answering a call for help from an old friend who needed some speakers that were up to the task of filling this enormous concert room. I was more than happy to oblige and so pleased that I had the chance to see what Justin had been working on during lockdown.
His presentation is second to none and this is a show that all lovers of Hank and The Shadows will enjoy, from the amazing look alike that Justin creates, to his skilful and flawless performances with all the right moves and banter with the audience.
The amount of work that has clearly gone into the musical production and lighting deserves success on the theatres and music venues around the circuit and I'm proud to know and to be in a position to help this talented chap. Believe me when I tell you that this is a very different Justin Daish from the lad I met at Shadowmania in 2005. I'm so pleased that he's heeded bits of advice and listened to others and put in hours and hours of work and practice to reach his goal.
This guy is taking our music forward and judging by the way he was received at Oakleigh Lodge, the sound of The Shadows is in very safe and talented hands. :clap: :clap:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Timcooper555 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:19 pm

Couldn’t agree with you more there Dave. Well said.
I saw the show last year in Totton, a great performance, would recommend.
Timcooper555

Full Real Name: Tim L. Cooper

Postby Stranger » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:20 pm

For anyone coming to Pickering on Friday:

There is restricted parking around the Memorial Hall, mainly residents only.
The nearest car park is The Ropery which is next to the traffic lights. There is a Shadowing Hank banner on the fence opposite the entrance. Parking is free after 6-30.
The hall is a short walk round the corner in Bridge street.

See you there.
Gordon
Stranger

Full Real Name: Gordon Wells

Postby chaddopete » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:05 pm

Hi all, i was gigging at The Oakleigh Lodge last Sunday July 10th. I had seen Justin was there a few weeks ago, and loads of people came up and told me about this guy who was far better than Hank.
Needless to say that made me feel great as I was about to go onstage and kick off with Apache!!!
Well Done Justin, you've certainly made some impression in Notts
Cheers
Pete
chaddopete

Full Real Name: Pete Wilson

Postby MeBHank » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:26 pm

chaddopete wrote:Hi all, i was gigging at The Oakleigh Lodge last Sunday July 10th. I had seen Justin was there a few weeks ago, and loads of people came up and told me about this guy who was far better than Hank.
Needless to say that made me feel great as I was about to go onstage and kick off with Apache!!!
Well Done Justin, you've certainly made some impression in Notts
Cheers
Pete

Haha! Thank you so much for that, Pete! Not sure about the 'far better than Hank' bit, though. It was a good gig, but by its very nature a tribute can't be better than the original! Looking forward to the next time at Oakleigh Lodge already.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Postby MeBHank » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:29 am

Huge, huge thanks to everyone who has supported the recent flurry of Shadowing Hank shows in Nottingham, North East Yorkshire and Suffolk. It has been a really enjoyable time on the road. Special thanks to Dave Robbo who, as he has said, supplied me with a PA system for the Nottingham gig. Thanks, Dave, and thank you for the glowing gig report! It was also amazing to be back at the Scarborough Shads gala after 16 years away!

A heads-up, folks: Early indications show that the gigs at Thame Players Theatre and Louth Riverhead Theatre are going to be very well attended indeed, so get your tickets now! I have a feeling these two venues are going to be regular favourites in my diary in the coming years!

Now I've realised it's time to update this thread again. The following 2022 dates have gone on sale meaning they can now be announced (and so they have of course been added to the OP):

Thursday 15th September 2022
Holme Lacy House, Herefordshire (Warner Leisure Hotels)
Hour-long afternoon show as part of Warner's four-day 'Sixties Festival'
Click here for break reservations: https://bit.ly/3IYQSqJ

Saturday 24th September 2022
Henhayes Centre, Crewkerne, Somerset
FULL THEATRE SHOW
For tickets call: 01460 74340

Friday 4th November 2022
The Carnegie, Thetford, Norfolk
Opening set of the 'It's Back to the Sixties' show with Cliff Richard tribute Jimmy Jemain (second half of the show to be performed by Union Gap)
Ticket reservations: 01842 754247
Click here for tickets: https://bit.ly/3o5dL21

I'm glad to once again have another new Warner hotel to notch onto my gigging bedpost. The Sixties Festivals are fun! Henhayes is one of my favourite local venues and the crowd is always up for a great night so I will be pleased to return there for the first time in three long years. Lastly, I had an absolute blast in Haverhill with the Union Gap lads (in fact they're fast becoming firm friends and my favourite guys to work with on the circuit), and I can't wait to be with them again; this time I'll be sharing my part of the show with Jimmy Jemain which will be great. It's always fun working with Jimmy, and Thetford will be our first time working specifically as a 'Cliff and Hank' duo, so I'm excited to see what we can make of our part of the show. Something tells me it's gonna be special.

I hope to announce two more shows very soon (just waiting for confirmation that tickets are on sale), so everyone in the Derby and South Staffordshire areas should keep an eye on this thread.

For now I have Brixham Theatre to look forward to in less than two weeks' time!

See you soon, and get buying those tickets!
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Postby MeBHank » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:16 pm

Another update, folks.

Firstly: massive thanks to my Amy who, since officially coming on board, has been using her incredible recruitment skills to help this show pick up the pace! Every act needs an Amy!

Two more dates for you:

Saturday 10th September 2022
Sleaford Legionnaires Club, Lincolnshire
Hour-long set as part of 'Festival of the '60s' show (featuring Union Gap, The Trems (The Tremoloes), and Big Dave Bopper)
For tickets call: 01522 576238 (daytime) or 07729 097235

Saturday 28th October 2022
Doveside Social Club, Hatton, Derby
FULL SHOW (with a chance to rock 'n' roll)
For information call: 01283 812162

Hey, look! I get to team up with my Union Gap pals again!

Regarding the Derby date, 'FULL SHOW (with a chance to rock 'n' roll)' means I am performing a two-set version of Shadowing Hank, but it is structured a little differently to the theatre shows because the venue has requested that I give the audience plenty of chance to dance.

Also, here are three 'watch this space' alerts for shows that are soon to be announced:

Saturday 8th October - Surrey/South West London
Saturday 19th November - Staffordshire (north of Wolverhampton)
Saturday 3rd December - Cornwall

One last thing:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Next month's show at the Henhayes Centre in Crewkerne, Somerset, has had to be postponed until next year.

Won't be long till the next update! Till then...
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Postby MeBHank » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:16 pm

I'll have time for a proper update soon, but I'm bringing this thread to the top as a last call for tomorrow's theatre show in Louth, and next week's in Broadstairs.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows