SHADOWING HANK - latest tour dates

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: SHADOWING HANK - latest tour dates

Postby MeBHank » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:43 pm

iefje wrote:Hello Justin. I have seen you perform several times as a member of The Foottappers and The Shadowers at the International Cliff Richard & The Shadows Fan Meeting in Berkel-Enschot, The Netherlands. I really liked those shows. My question is, are there any plans to do your Shadowing Hank show in The Netherlands or other countries outside of the UK?

Hi Ivo. I have indeed thought about performing Shadowing Hank in Europe but, since Brexit, the costs are just too prohibitive. Even larger-named artistes and shows have stated that it's now extremely difficult. Once upon a time I would have definitely made plans to travel, but unless things change drastically (that's entirely down to the politicians!) I'm afraid the answer is no.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby iefje » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:52 pm

MeBHank wrote:
iefje wrote:Hello Justin. I have seen you perform several times as a member of The Foottappers and The Shadowers at the International Cliff Richard & The Shadows Fan Meeting in Berkel-Enschot, The Netherlands. I really liked those shows. My question is, are there any plans to do your Shadowing Hank show in The Netherlands or other countries outside of the UK?

Hi Ivo. I have indeed thought about performing Shadowing Hank in Europe but, since Brexit, the costs are just too prohibitive. Even larger-named artistes and shows have stated that it's now extremely difficult. Once upon a time I would have definitely made plans to travel, but unless things change drastically (that's entirely down to the politicians!) I'm afraid the answer is no.

I completely understand Justin. The costs for virtually everything have risen dramatically since Brexit, also for us on the European mainland. I hope it will change in a way so the costs will be more easy to handle.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby chris mcbain » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:43 am

Hello Justin,

I notice on one of your earlier posts that East Yorkshire could be on the menu for 2022 have you any dates confirmed yet ?? I live in Bridlington
so would be great if its here or somewhere near, I think the last time I saw you at Bridlington was probably around 6/7 years ago at the annual Summer
Festival Gala on Sewerby Cliff top fields.

Thanks.
Chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Postby MeBHank » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:49 pm

chris mcbain wrote:Hello Justin,

I notice on one of your earlier posts that East Yorkshire could be on the menu for 2022 have you any dates confirmed yet ?? I live in Bridlington
so would be great if its here or somewhere near, I think the last time I saw you at Bridlington was probably around 6/7 years ago at the annual Summer
Festival Gala on Sewerby Cliff top fields.

Thanks.
Chris.

You might be confusing me with someone else, Chris; I've never been to Bridlington.

I hope to be able to announce my East Yorkshire gigs very soon. You're going to have a small drive from Bridlington, but not too far. I'll look into the possibility of adding it to my list for later this year or 2023. Any suggestions of appropriate venues (small theatres, community centres, social clubs, etc) would be welcome, if you know of somewhere with a good following/established audience base.

Cheers
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Postby jim w » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:30 am

Are you hoping to come to Long Eaton Justin. Its been awhile since we've met up.
jim w

Full Real Name: Jim Walters

Postby chris mcbain » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:50 am

Hi Justin,
I was 100% sure it was you, well that's old age for you !!!! on reflection could have been some bloke called Hank copying your stuff. I will keep a look out
for the East Yorkshire bookings.

Chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Postby MeBHank » Sun May 15, 2022 7:33 pm

After a mini-break I can announce that tickets are now on sale for a few more Shadowing Hank shows for 2022. The first of these (Yeovil, Somerset) is coming up very soon so don't miss out!

Please check the list in the OP on the first page of this thread for the full list of shows currently on sale. The newly released dates are as follows:

Friday 20th May 2022
Quicksilver Mail, Yeovil, Somerset
FULL THEATRE SHOW
Click here for tickets: https://www.quicksilvermail.com/events

Friday 17th June 2022
Pickering Memorial Hall, East Yorkshire
FULL THEATRE SHOW
For tickets call: 01751 477522

Sunday 19th June 2022
East Yorkshire Shadows Gala, Scarborough Rugby Club
Hosted by Shadows Guitar Club East Yorkshire
Gala held all weekend (Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th June) - Shadowing Hank show scheduled for Sunday afternoon
Tickets available on the door

Tuesday 28th June 2022
Gunton Hall Coastal Village, Suffolk (Warner Leisure Hotels)
Hour-long afternoon show as part of Warner's three-day 'Sixties Festival'
Click here for break reservations: https://bit.ly/3Mj5Us4

Thursday 30th June 2022
Haverhill Arts Centre, Suffolk
Opening set of the 'It's Back to the Sixties' show (second half of the show to be performed by Union Gap)
Ticket reservations: 01440 714140
Click here for tickets: https://bit.ly/3NchEww

Friday 18th November 2022
Riverhead Theatre, Louth, Lincolnshire
FULL THEATRE SHOW
Ticket reservations: 01507 600350
Click here for tickets: https://bit.ly/3lf9AyY

Huge thanks to Eric Boon and Gordon Wells for their assistance and support in arranging the East Yorkshire shows, notably Pickering Memorial Hall, and to Ian and Linda Harper for the inclusion of Shadowing Hank on the bill for the Scarborough Gala after Eric's initial invitation. It'll be wonderful to catch up with old friends... it's 16 years since I was last able to attend the Gala so I'm so glad to have been asked!

I'm pleased to have been booked for another Warner hotel - Gunton Hall is one which I haven't yet visited so it will be brilliant to play another of these superb venues. Likewise it'll be great to finally play on Union Gap's show... two and a half years since the first gig with them was supposed to take place!

I can't wait for my return shows at the Quicksilver Mail next week and at the Riverhead Theatre in Louth later in the year; not only do I love the setlist of the MkII show, but both gigs were fantastic first time around and I have a feeling they're going to be even better this time! Louth will be particularly enjoyable; last time the studio theatre sold out... this time the show happens in the beautiful main theatre!

More dates are in the pipeline so keep your eyes peeled here for further announcements. Hope to see you at a gig soon.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Postby MeBHank » Mon May 16, 2022 10:46 am

Another quick update:

I've just had notice that another show has gone on sale. It's a new theatre to me and I've got a feeling it'll be another cracking venue for this show! The details of the gig are as follows:

Saturday 22nd October 2022
Thame Players Theatre
FULL THEATRE SHOW
Ticket reservations: 01844 212833
Click here for tickets: https://www.thameplayers.co.uk/events/shadowing-hank

Again, please refer to the OP at the start of this thread for the full gig list.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue May 31, 2022 2:01 pm

Has anyone got through to the Pickering Memorial venue? I’m fed up trying, you call it rings out and goes to a BT answering service. You leave a message and don’t get a return call. The website is worse, no indication of planned events, so how do you book tickets? :oops: :oops:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Stranger » Tue May 31, 2022 8:46 pm

Alan

At present the hall is only able to staff the office on the morning. I will enquire regarding the answerphone tomorrow.
We have a list of ticket reservations for collection and pay on the door and I will add your name.
If anyone else is having difficulty just send me a PM and I will add a reservation for you to collect.

The Scarborough gala event is pay on the door as usual.
Stranger

Full Real Name: Gordon Wells

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows