Alternative version of "I Wonder"

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Alternative version of "I Wonder"

Postby iefje » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:02 pm

On the 1995 Italian CD "Wonderful Cliff - The Classic Collection" there is an alternative undubbed version of the Cliff Richard & The Shadows track "I Wonder", which omits Norrie Paramor's orchestral accompaniment. As for all studio tracks on this CD original vinyl records have been used as sources, I was wondering (no pun intended) from which record this version of "I Wonder" was taken. I have never seen it listed in any discography. Was it maybe taken from an acetate?
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: Alternative version of "I Wonder"

Postby Unsospero » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 pm

iefje wrote:On the 1995 Italian CD "Wonderful Cliff - The Classic Collection" there is an alternative undubbed version of the Cliff Richard & The Shadows track "I Wonder", which omits Norrie Paramor's orchestral accompaniment. As for all studio tracks on this CD original vinyl records have been used as sources, I was wondering (no pun intended) from which record this version of "I Wonder" was taken. I have never seen it listed in any discography. Was it maybe taken from an acetate?

I know you don't like Vic Rust's book but......according to that:

It's from the same take as the original B side single to Lucky Lips with no orchestral overdub (take 9) and not previously issued anywhere.

It's the best we've got.

Graham
Unsospero

Full Real Name: Graham Wyld

Return to The Shadows