adobe audition help please

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

adobe audition help please

Postby John Haldane » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi
Can anyone please help, when recording I can hear the backing track that I have on the pc, but when trying to record guitar at the same time I canot hear the guitar, :? I use the headphone out socket on the amp.
I have used a Cakewalk application and it worked ok.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Re: adobe audition help please

Postby David Martin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 am

Sorry there's been no response to this John... I have the software but don't use it ...

I'm sure Ecca will know though...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby ScouserJoe » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi John,

I have these applications - Audition and Cakewalk Sonar and Guitar Tracks Pro, but I have only ever recorded using the Cakewalk products, so I cannot answer your specific query. However, can I ask why have you elected to use Audition for your recordings having previously used Cakewalk ? Is it something about Cakewalk that you are unhappy with ? If so, then perhaps a better solution might be to sort out the problem there.
ScouserJoe

Postby John Haldane » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi David,Ian

I seem to get latency problems with Cakewalk,soI am going to use a microphone with AA when possible ,when I use the headphone socket on the amp, that will go into my mixer and I will plug a set of headphones into one of the outlets on my Mixer and I can hear ok.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Postby ScouserJoe » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi John,

Latency problems are often due to drivers. Have you the option of using ASIO drivers ? I don't know which product of Cakewalk you're using, but they will often show up under the Options/Audio/Drivers tab.
ScouserJoe

Postby ecca » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 pm

John;
Which edition of Adobe Audition are you using ?
1.5,2 or 3 ?

Is it a simple application , i.e. BT on track 1, guitar on track 2 ?
Have you pressed the record button on the guitar track , not the master record button on the transport, the one on the track itself ?
I don't think it's anything to do with latency.
Let me know,
Ecca
ecca

Postby ScouserJoe » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:02 pm

John,

In the time between my last post and Ecca's I set up to record using Adobe Audition 1.5 - just as Ecca said, BT in track 1 and record to track 2. I placed a microphone in front of the amp and the output from that went into my soundcard input. The complete output (lead and BT) were played back from Audition through headphones as I played, that way ensuring that the lead track I was laying down was in time with the BT - and the BT could not be picked up by the amp microphone. As Ecca says, you need the record button set on track 2 as well as pressing the main record button. Well, that's how it works in Version 1.5 !
ScouserJoe

Postby John Haldane » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Hello all,
Thanks for all your reply's, I use AA 1.5, I have tried everything that as been sugessted, reloaded soundcard, (SB X-FI) and drivers,anyway I am away for a few days, hope to see Swinging Blue Jeans,Brian Poole and the Tremeloes,and a Hollie's tribute band.
Will start afresh with problem when I come back, maybe a clear head might help.
Thanks again for sugesstions.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Postby John Haldane » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:26 pm

HI
Forgot to mention I am using a Eurorack UB 802 mixer.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Postby John Haldane » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:52 pm

have it all working as it should, did download ASIO drivers, not sure if that was problem but I am leaving well alone.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Return to The Shadows