SOUTH YORKSHIRE SHADOWS GUITAR CLUB - VENUE UPDATE

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

SOUTH YORKSHIRE SHADOWS GUITAR CLUB - VENUE UPDATE

Postby Sothall Mike » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:24 pm

Hi everyone, if you are one of the few members that attended last sunday, you will know that the temperature in the club was positively baltic, and not at all condusive to playing guitar and drums. It was so cold that we knocked it on the head at 3pm. Paying £50.00 for the privilege of shivering to death is not my idea of a good afternoon !!! And the club did not appear to care or try to provide any alternative heating. They said there was a heating problem but the rest of the club was warm. This is not the first time this has happened. A few months ago I was offered the chance for us to relocate to a club in Dronfield near Chesterfield/Sheffield. We can go there with no charge for the room, and they will welcome us with open arms. It is a very well run club with approx 900 members - so they must be doing something right. The only down side is that we cannot do our own drinks - ie tea and coffee as the club sells hot and cold drinks and snacks themselves - which under the circumstances is quite reasonable. I am going to see the committee member, tomorrow - Wednesday to confirm arrangements. It's no good prolonging things any longer with Hyde Park Club. We have had many happy years there but the latest committee just dont seem to be bothered - as long as they are getting our £50.00. I hope that a change in venue will be a good move for us and that it will not deter any of our long standing members from attending. If you want to look at the Clubs details it is - The Hilltop Sports and Social Club, Long Acre Road Dronfield S18 1UQ. If any one wants to message me or phone me to discuss the situation please do - my number is 01143278508 or 07983603250
Best wishes
Mike Kilner
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Re: SOUTH YORKSHIRE SHADOWS GUITAR CLUB - VENUE UPDATE

Postby shadocaster1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi Mike, I couldn't attend the last meeting as me and the missus were away for the weekend, but Hilltop club seems a good alternative, and at least we will stay warm for the winter.

Cheers Kev
shadocaster1

Full Real Name: Kev Scrimshaw

Postby Sothall Mike » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:42 pm

cheers Kev, will keep you informed with regards to my meeting tomorrow.

Regards Mike
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Postby dave robinson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:04 pm

So it's no longer South Yorkshire Shadows guitar club, but North Derbyshire Shadows guitar club . . . . . :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:10 pm

You read my mind, DR!
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby Tony Szpala » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am

Anything pertaining to "Derbyshire" Is very welcome (okay I'm very biased!). I wish Mike every success in acquiring this venue and would support him accordingly.
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Return to The Shadows