Back In Business. The Tyneside Shadows Summer Festival 2022

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Back In Business. The Tyneside Shadows Summer Festival 2022

Postby jimb49 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:57 pm

The club are pleased to announce the return of the Annual Summer Festival of Shadows Music commencing of 7th & 8th of May 2022.
Please note that the name of the venue has been changed and is now called "The Fed", however the address and postcode details remain the same as follows
Dunston
Gateshead
NE11 9JR
Attachments
Fed Flyer 2022 A5 2.pdf
(367.2 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
jimb49

Full Real Name: jim butler

Re: Back In Business. The Tyneside Shadows Summer Festival 2

Postby Iain Purdon » Sat May 07, 2022 6:38 pm

First day went well. Great to catch up with old friends. The usual warm Tyneside welcome from Jim, Margaret and the team. Some of us haven’t played for two years or more. No of course it didn’t show! Another day to come!
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat May 07, 2022 9:52 pm

As Iain says, it was great to catch up with friends again and hopefully see the end of the virus restrictions that have cost us so much over the last 2/3 years. Looking forward to tomorrow then roll on Scarborough.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby djnevster » Mon May 09, 2022 2:38 pm

Many thanks to Jim, Margaret, Lawrence, Tommy & Diane for all their hard work in organising this event, it was great to be back at "The Fed" after two years of covid restrictions.

Also a big thanks also to Shazam for making the trip North and keeping us entertained with some great sets.

Regards

Neville
djnevster

Full Real Name: Neville Worthington

Postby martcaster » Mon May 09, 2022 3:52 pm

I should also like to add my congratulations and thanks to Margaret, Jim, Tommy and Diane and all concerned, for a wonderful weekend of our favourite music. I was lucky enough to get up and play (thanks, Dave!) with some really talented players and the whole atmosphere and ambience of the occasion was truly uplifting. As I said yesterday, money can't buy that sort of thing. Congratulations, too, to Shazam, who not only played two blinding full sets, but manfully stood in to cover for The Fentone Four, whose absence was due to illness. As 'Lic' used to say, they played "out of their skin"!
Thanks and congratulations once again.
martcaster

Full Real Name: Martin Verrill

Postby sakurama » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:35 pm

That's great news that the Tyneside Shadows Summer Festival is back on! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for letting us know about the venue name change, it's good to have the updated information. I hope there will be lots of amazing performances and great music this year.
sakurama

Full Real Name: Leslie Blake

Return to The Shadows