Justin Daish: 'Journey Through the Decades'/'The Golden Era'

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Justin Daish: 'Journey Through the Decades'/'The Golden

Postby MeBHank » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:14 pm

abstamaria wrote:How long are your shows, Justin?

Post a video on your Facebook page, even a short one, from one of your new shows. I am intrigued by what you did with your lighting. As I live so far away, it is unlikely, unfortunately, I will ever see your shows.

Break a leg.

Andy is

At the moment I have no footage of either 'Journey' or 'Golden Era', Andy. The lighting set-up is identical to that of Shadowing Hank and is pre-programmed in exactly the same way. At the moment the best footage to demonstrate that is what Phil McGarrick shot of my set at the 2022 Scarborough Gala. There are times when I don't take the full rig: venues where set-up time is limited such as Warner's venues, or where haze/smoke is not permitted meaning the beams of the moving 'feature' lights would not show up, making the physically intensive rigging process not worth it. There are venues where the lighting has to be positioned and spaced slightly differently (the Scarborough Rugby Club was one, in fact) so occasionally the stage will look different to my core stage design.

I'm hoping to make a video at some point to discuss the lighting of my shows, explaining the programming and rigging processes, just to show the level of effort that goes into it all. I will also make some sort of official video of the show once I'm able to invest some time and money but other things have to take priority at the moment.
Last edited by MeBHank on Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Re: Justin Daish: 'Journey Through the Decades'/'The Golden

Postby artyman » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:59 pm

Looking forward to seeing you at Hayling
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Previous

Return to The Shadows