NEW RELEASES SOON: The Shadows On TV

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NEW RELEASES SOON: The Shadows On TV

Postby StuartD » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:41 pm

HI

I've now got all four CD's and what a pleasure it is to listen to them.

Many of those appearances I watched live as they happened. Some great memories of what, for me, was the best period in their history. They were a very tight working band, working probably 35 weeks every year, and it certainly shows in the tightness that the MWBR line up shows

Tremendous

Regards

Stuart
StuartD

Full Real Name: Stuart Duffy

Postby iefje » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:02 am

StuartD wrote:HI

I've now got all four CD's and what a pleasure it is to listen to them.

Many of those appearances I watched live as they happened. Some great memories of what, for me, was the best period in their history. They were a very tight working band, working probably 35 weeks every year, and it certainly shows in the tightness that the MWBR line up shows

Tremendous

Regards

Stuart

I agree. Interestingly, three of the four CDs entirely feature live recordings by the Rostill line-up, well apart from the two 1968 tracks where Brian Locking deputised for John Rostill. One of the highlights must surely be the twelve recordings from the Japanese TV performance from 1967. Very nice to hear a rare short live version of "Spring Is Nearly Here", as well as "Bombay Duck", "Don't Make My Baby Blue", "Little 'B'" and "In The Mood".
Also, I didn't know that The Shadows also performed "Running Out Of World" on UK TV. I thought they only performed it once in Yugoslavia.
Last edited by iefje on Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby iefje » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:34 am

I noticed though, that the second version of "Naughty Nippon Nights" is actually not live at all, but just the original studio album version.
iefje

Postby Arpeggio » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:45 pm

:D Nothing escapes you Lefje. :lol: The compilers tried their utmost to eliminate mimed performances, but obviously failed in this instance. They thank everyone for their expert vigilance and trust that fans will forgive them for this oversight. :shock:
Arpeggio

Postby iefje » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:53 pm

Arpeggio wrote::D Nothing escapes you Lefje. :lol: The compilers tried their utmost to eliminate mimed performances, but obviously failed in this instance. They thank everyone for their expert vigilance and trust that fans will forgive them for this oversight. :shock:

It's just that one track, so no big deal. I think it's just marvellous that Dusty Tapes has given us a wealth of previously unreleased studio, live, radio and TV recordings to listen to during the last two years. :thumbup: I used to think that these recordings would remain in the vaults forever.
iefje

Postby Fenderman » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:23 pm

I came into some money recently and ordered all 4 in one go. I've listened to 3 and a few tracks from the 4th. This is indeed a collection to treasure. Wonder if Dusty tapes have anything up their sleeve next for us? :D
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Previous

Return to The Shadows