We Say Yeah! Podcast. Wonderful Land

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes

We Say Yeah! Podcast. Wonderful Land

Postby Timcooper555 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:03 pm

https://wesayyeah.podbean.com/

The above podcast latest one is about the “Wonderful Land” and “Guitar Tango” singles & two Shadows EPs.
Well worth a listen with “Ghosty” and Pat Murphy (He writes articles in The Beat) going into great details about the recordings.

Starting of with “Move It”, Ghosty is going right through all Cliff & The Shadows record releases in chronological order, with various guest presenters. Lots of info I already knew, but lots that I’d either forgotten or was new to me. He’s certainly putting a lot of research into it.
Timcooper555

Full Real Name: Tim L. Cooper

Re: We Say Yeah! Podcast. Wonderful Land

Postby 362436 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info Tim.
Looking forward to sitting back and listening to all the episodes listed.
We are pretty well starved for archival material down here in The Antipodes so am grateful to you for this post.
All the best from sunny Sydney (29 Celcius today)!
Cheers, Ian. 8-)

Full Real Name: Ian Harris

Postby GoldenStreet » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:51 am

There's hope yet for our American cousins to catch up on the rich history of our great group and begin to appreciate what largely escaped them first time round! ;)

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Postby JimN » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:22 pm

I've binge-listened to the first six (all yesterday).

These discussions are fascinating and engrossing. Despite some of the things I'd heard about Vic Rust, his contributions were valuable.

The only error so far: Hank, Bruce and Peter Chester's group was "The Chestertons"!

Download and listen to the podcasts at: https://www.podbean.com/site/EpisodeDownload/PB12C7FBDAA9YM
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to The Main Board