Twelve string guitar

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Twelve string guitar

Postby henryevans » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:11 am

The Right Vacuum for a Pet Owner

Having a pet is fun, but cleaning after them is not fun at all. Still wonder which vacuum can help you deal with all the pet hair on your favorite carpet, sofa, or basically anywhere your pet walked by? Maybe we have the answer right here for you with this fantastic blue shark vacuum.

What kind of surface do we have to deal with?

Dogs may not be allowed to be anywhere but on the floor, but that won't keep them from getting their fur all over your carpet. And cats go wherever they want, leaving furballs all over the place - under your furniture, on your cabinet, and on your sofa.

Now, you will start to think about what kind of product can help you clean all of these places, high and low, hard and soft surfaces because you don't want to buy a million things to clean a million areas.

That's where the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 comes in handy. With its amazing features, you can easily clean everywhere you want (or your pet's not-allowed-to-but-they-still-go-there places) without breaking a sweat.

Why is this vacuum the best for cleaning pet hair tasks?

Upright mode: It is the traditional way to clean, but with this baby pet power brush, you will never want to use other methods to get rid of pet hair on your floor or your carpet again. We know how dogs love to roll on the floor when they play with us, leaving a massive lot of fur afterwards.

- Now, you can easily clean the mess up with this vacuum and feel comfortable knowing that with its Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology, all the dust and allergens will be trapped inside, leaving everything clean and safe for you to touch.

- Besides, it's also equipped with swivel steering, so you can easily maneuver around your furniture on your cleaning path, just like the way a cat is good at avoiding obstacles as it moves around. Smooth and satisfying cleaning route, who wouldn't want that?

✫✫✫ Useful Reference: Shark NV360

Lift away mode: what about hard-to-reach areas? Fear not because the Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV360 has a detachable pod, which can help you move around everywhere to vacuum.

- The top of your cabinet won't be a cat’s-only area anymore because now it is so easy to clean you won't have to risk falling when you try to reach it by standing on a chair or by any other means.

- This feature also comes in handy when you want to clean an above-ground surface without having to lift the whole vacuum off the ground. It’s not every day that we can be a superhuman with a superpower to lift things, right?

A Choice for You, and Also Your Pet

We know how much joy a pet can bring to a person's life. That's why this vacuum is produced to take care of the problem that stops you from having a wonderful experience with your little companions.

If you have a pet and find it hard to deal with cleaning after them, give the Shark Navigator Lift Away Deluxe Nv360 upright vacuum a try. You may end up happily letting your pet play more freely, for now, cleaning their fur is not that much a burden than an easy task with the help of this blue Shark vacuum.

And what is more satisfying than being able to spend time playing with your pet instead of forbidding them to create a mess (which will appear and still have to be cleaned anyway) when you have an awesome solution to take care of that right here?
Last edited by henryevans on Mon May 22, 2023 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
henryevans

Full Real Name: henry evans

Re: Twelve string guitar

Postby JimN » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:22 pm

Not all that many.

Obvious electric twelve recordings were all with Cliff Richard: Don't Talk To Him / I'm The Lonely One / On The Beach.

I'm overlooking the fact that at least one of those was double-tracked in the studio using a six-string guitar because of intonation issues with the electric twelve. Hank used a Burns Double Six for live performances.

Acoustic twelve (Gibson B-45): My Grandfather's Clock / With A Hmm Hmm On My Knee / maybe Autumn (not sure about that one).

Any more?
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby GoldenStreet » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:51 pm

JimN wrote:Any more?

One that always springs to my mind - Little Bitty Tear (B-45)

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Postby Kevin Wooten » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:10 pm

Autumn features Hank on 6 string acoustic. With A Hmm Hmm On My Knee features Hank on banjo.

Kevin W.
Kevin Wooten

Full Real Name: Kevin Wooten

Postby JimN » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:15 am

Kevin Wooten wrote:Autumn features Hank on 6 string acoustic.

I wasn't sure about that one. It seems to have been either double tracked or treated with some early time-shifting / pitch-shifting effect (phasing or similar).

Kevin Wooten wrote:With A Hmm Hmm On My Knee features Hank on banjo.

That is so true. But the last chorus is most certainly played on an acoustic twelve!

Bill: Good call with Little Bitty Tear!

It reminds me that Hank also used the B-45 on Mary Anne.
JimN

Postby JimN » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:26 am

How could I forget?

The Italian "acoustic" version of Genie With The Light Brown Lamp has the same basic track as the electric (normal) version, but the lead part is played on the B-45 and not on the Burns Marvin. Issued on "Dakota"; Fremus CDFR 0520; Italy 1994.

And on the same lines (that is, recordings issued on Italian compilations), there's also the Shadows' version of the Seekers' A World of Our Own. Released on "Atlantis"; Fremus CDFR 0543; Italy 1994), with Patricia Bredin on lead vocals. This was a broadcast, transmitted on Christmas Day 1966. Someone recorded it off-air, obviously.

So...

Electric: Don't Talk To Him / I'm The Lonely One / On The Beach

Acoustic: My Grandfather's Glock / With A Hmm Hmm On My Knee / Little Bitty Tear / Mary Anne / Genie With The Light Brown Lamp (Italian version) / A World of Our Own.
JimN

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 pm

The lead part on Chelsea Boot used an acoustic 12.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby iefje » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:27 pm

These tracks also feature Hank on 12-string guitar:
“Breakthru'” (electric).
“Bony Moronie” (acoustic).
“Stand Up Like A Man” (electric).
“If You Leave Me Now” (acoustic).
“Alice In Sunderland” (electric).
“Me Oh My” (acoustic).
“Fiesta”, part of the medley “Finders Keepers/My Way/Paella/Fiesta” (electric).
“Love Is Falling In Love Again” (electric).

Some of these definitely feature a 12-string guitar. Others do to my ears, but I could be mistaken for hearing two overdubbed 6-string guitars with those.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby RogerCook » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:28 pm

Tell me "What'd I say" - about 6.20 - https://youtu.be/MSC5OouQ8B4

I'm the lonely one - about 25.15 - https://youtu.be/BGEvwi759s0
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby JimN » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:30 pm

iefje wrote:These tracks also feature Hank on 12-string guitar:
“Breakthru'” (electric).
“Bony Moronie” (acoustic).
“Stand Up Like A Man” (electric).
“If You Leave Me Now” (acoustic).
“Alice In Sunderland” (electric).
“Me Oh My” (acoustic).
“Fiesta”, part of the medley “Finders Keepers/My Way/Paella/Fiesta” (electric).
“Love Is Falling In Love Again” (electric).

Some of these definitely feature a 12-string guitar. Others do to my ears, but I could be mistaken for hearing two overdubbed 6-string guitars with those.

There's a 12-string acoustic on If You Leave Me Now, but it was recorded some time after the J-45s and B-45 were destroyed by baggage handlers (with the six-stringers later replaced by Martins). Perhaps one was hired or borrowed for the session?

Finders Keepers (Fiesta) medley: overdub, no doubt at all. The notes don't even move in the same direction all the time. That'd be a good trick on a 12-string!

Bony Moronie - yes that's an acoustic 12-string. Probably / possibly recorded while the Gibson acoustics were in working order.

Alice In Sunderland - same as Breakthru, I'd say: double-tracked guitar (Maroc 7 also).

Me Oh My - yes - acoustic 12-string.

Love Is Falling In Love Again - No 12-string is audible, just plenty of double-tracked guitar PLUS what sounds like a Coral Electric Sitar (also heard on tracks on the Marvin, Welch and Farrar albums).

Incidentally, listening again to Love is Falling In Love Again, I am struck by how similar it is to You Rescue Me from the "Life In The Jungle" album.
JimN

Next

Return to The Shadows