NORTH NOTTS MEETINGS 2023- IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

NORTH NOTTS MEETINGS 2023- IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Postby pjr » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:21 pm

Those of you who attended the last meeting of 2022 (December), will remember I announced that there would be no meeting in February 2023.
However, it now looks likely that there will be no further meetings until October 2023 at the earliest.

To avoid misinformation and rumours abounding I'm going to give you the reason straight from the horse's mouth.

My wife and best friend for more than 42 years Laura a.k.a. R.Lass, has just started a six month course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for reasons that should be obvious.
During this time, she will have a compromised immune system which will leave her very vulnerable to potentially life threatening infections.
This means of course that she will need to limit all unnecessary contact with people wherever possible (think Shadows Clubs). By virtue of living with her this will also apply to me too.
The medics treating her have told us that her chances of recovery from this are well over 90% but the next 6 months will be unpleasant to say the least.
Anyway, if all goes to plan, we hope to be back running the club towards the end of the year and celebrate 20 years of North Notts as well as her recovery.
So stay safe folks and I'll try to make the occaisional update post as things progress.

Cheers for now,

Pete and Laura.
pjr

Full Real Name: Peter J Richardson

Re: NORTH NOTTS MEETINGS 2023- IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Postby dave robinson » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:42 pm

Sorry to hear this news Pete, but as one who has travelled this path I wish Laura the very best and my advice is stay positive, especially as you have been given that recovery rate to hold on to. I'm sure you'll have full understanding of the attendees who will surely wish Laura a speedy recovery and get back behind you when you restart the meetings.
Dave.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Andycook » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:30 pm

Pete & Laura just wanted to send our love at this difficult time and hope all gos well
Thinking of all of you
Andy & Anita
Andycook

Full Real Name: Andy Cook

Postby Tony Szpala » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:19 pm

Pete

Really sorry to hear this about Laura. 90% are very good odds as oncologists etc. do tend to air on the cautious side, when making recovery statements.

Kind regards

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:25 pm

Sorry to hear about the suspension of meetings but of course health considerations must take precedence.
Please convey my love and best wishes to Laura, and I hope to see both of you again as soon as it is safe.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Return to The Shadows