Roger Allcock - Thank You

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Roger Allcock - Thank You

Postby chrisa » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:29 pm

My apologies if this isn't posted in the right place. As a couple of months have now gone by since Roger's passing I wanted to thank all of you for your messages of condolence, and to give more information for anyone who might wish to pay their respects.

We had, in the past, discussed as a family unit what arrangements we would each prefer to have made for us at the time of our passing. In Roger's case he did not want there to be a funeral - he wanted a low-key family affair and we abided by those wishes. He also wanted to be cremated. This took place in early February and his ashes have been interred at Weston Mill Cemetery. If anyone wishes to visit his resting place then he is in plot number 497 in the Garden of Remembrance, but please keep in mind that the stonemason has advised us Roger's memorial stone will not be placed on the plot until at least the end of March. If you have any trouble in finding him then the staff in the cemetery office can provide directions.

With music being so much a part of my father's life, some reference to this on his memorial stone seemed appropriate. Our tribute to dad reads: "The song has ended, but the melody lingers on".

Roger also wished that flowers would be family only, but should you wish, we encourage that you consider making a donation to an animal charity of your choice.

Understandably there has been some interest in what may happen to Roger's guitars and equipment. Because these were such an integral part of my father's world, my mother and I could not think of parting with them, now or at any time in the future, but we thank you for your interest nevertheless.

I have taken over his Vintage Sounds website which will continue running for the time being. I'll update it soon with more current information.
chrisa

Full Real Name: Chris Allcock

Re: Roger Allcock - Thank You

Postby shadowriter » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:07 pm

Thanks Chris you just brought back the sad moment we learned of your Dad's passing. I would love to
visit the Garden of Remembrance. Sadly it is too far for me to go now at my age. I will log on to vintage sounds
when you have the updated information on it, as I have done so many times in the past and will certainly be donating to one of the many Animal charities we have here in Cleveleys. My thoughts are with you and your family. Your father was such a lovely and helpful man.
Norman
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Re: Roger Allcock - Thank You

Postby David Martin » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:52 pm

Sending love. Happy memories of a real gent...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Return to The Shadows