The Podcast We Say Yeah

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

The Podcast We Say Yeah

Postby abstamaria » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:01 am

36EDD654-77E6-486E-BA65-5945FD2B98A9.jpeg
(70.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
For those who don’t know about it, there is a podcast series on Cliff and Shadows recordings called "We Say Yeah." The host, who is very good, invites a guest for each episode to discuss particular albums or singles. The podcasts are intelligent, if I may say that, informative, and entertaining.

The current episode, episode 21, has the impressive Jim Nugent as guest and focused on the EP Out of the Shadows and the single Dance On. That episode made me realize how much the Shadows had evolved by 1962. I am thinking now that the golden age for me was when Jet was still with the band.

The preceding episode 20, on Jet Harris and Tony Meehan, was also very engaging. I listened to it twice, the second time with my wife over breakfast outdoors this morning. She did not know the history and was quite intrigued and entertained. She now has much admiration for Jet.

Highly recommended.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Re: The Podcast We Say Yeah

Postby Timcooper555 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:37 am

Completely agree with you there Andy.
The guy that presents the show has done his research very well, and each episode he has on an “expert” guest.
I’ve listened to them all.
Discovered info I didn’t already know, and reminded me of info I’d forgotten.
It has also made me dust off some of my records from that time and give them a play.
He has started the series from the beginning, exploring all the aspects of Cliff and The Shadows recording careers, in chronological order.
Timcooper555

Full Real Name: Tim L. Cooper

Postby JimN » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:48 pm

abstamaria wrote:The current episode, episode 21, [is] focused on the EP Out of the Shadows and the single Dance On. That episode made me realize how much the Shadows had evolved by 1962. I am thinking now that the golden age for me was when Jet was still with the band.

Andy

Thank you for your too-kind remarks, Andy.

Just for accuracy, it is the LP "Out Of The Shadows" which is discussed in Ep. 21 and not either of the two UK EPs which contained tracks extracted from that album!
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby GoldenStreet » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:07 pm

With reference to the track Cosy on Out Of The Shadows, and speculation as to the existence of a vocal version, out of curiosity I checked the PRS works database to find Mort Garson registered as the composer, with Earl Shuman indicated as the author. There's no way of knowing the accuracy of the entry in this respect, but there appears to be no trace of a vocal recording of the piece.

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Postby hiffclall » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Thanks for this. I found it on google podcasts. Looking forward to listening :-)
hiffclall

Full Real Name: matthew moore

Postby hiffclall » Wed May 03, 2023 1:17 pm

Any recommendations for an android based podcast player to play these on? I can't use apple.

I've used google podcasts but it doesn't have to ability to lower the data rate or to download via wifi so that I can listen off line.

I usually use spotify but it doesn't seem these podcasts are on there....
hiffclall

Postby Alan Taylor » Wed May 03, 2023 10:07 pm

They play fine using "Pocket Casts" on my Android.
Alan Taylor

Full Real Name: Alan Taylor

Postby hiffclall » Thu May 04, 2023 9:14 am

hiffclall

Return to The Shadows