RFX2000 cloning

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: RFX2000 cloning

Postby scotocaster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 am

Bill Bowley wrote:OK, let me ask another question. How does the ZOOM G7.1uT programmed with EFTP compare with a QUADRAVERB GT with EFTP? (Since I have a G7.1uT sitting here doing nothing....) ;)

Bill, add the Zoom G7.1uT inline with your Quad GT and you might get it to sound like a RFX2000 :lol: .. Scott
scotocaster

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 am

Now there's an idea Jim! I could use it to back 'Ying Tong ' the instrumental! :lol:
Bill Bowley

Postby scotocaster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 am

Bill Bowley wrote:Now there's an idea Jim! I could use it to back 'Ying Tong ' the instrumental! :lol:

ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:
scotocaster

Postby Wilson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi Bill,

Ihave a Quad +, Zoom G2.U1 and an RFX2000 admittedly they go through a S2 compressor sustainer and matchbox Ddirect Box set to the early setting on the way to a Vox AD50VT and I can't pick much difference between them. The G2 seems to hold the echos a bit longer than the other 2.
Regards.
Wilson.
Wilson

Full Real Name: Wilson Eric William Boyd

Postby Wilson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi again,
I forgot to mention that all 3 units are programmed with EFPT. I think its a tribute to Charlie's work that they all come out so close. Wilson.
Wilson

Full Real Name: Wilson Eric William Boyd

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Wilson,

Thanks for the info!

I suppose I am just trying to think of a reason to keep the G7.1uT - I've got a Behringer FC1010 controlling the Quad GT at the moment, and am considering getting the EFTP patches for the G7 to replace both the Quad and the Behringer, then again........... maybe I should try a the various combinations and see. I still have an Ibanez UE405 that served me faithfully for many years, its in the 'spares box' along with a KORG AX1000G, a Behringer V-AMP Pro - not to mention a VOX tape echo (I've had since the '60's), and various 'stomp boxes' and pedals (about 10 I think). 'She indoors' says I must start movng some of these on, however.....you know how it is! :roll:
Bill Bowley

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 pm

.....and I forgot to mention there's a ZOOM G2 with expression pedal acting as a doorstop for my study at the moment -now, (thinks) why did I buy that? :roll:
Bill Bowley

Previous

Return to The Shadows