Excellent Cover Band

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Excellent Cover Band

Postby Mickey » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:46 am

Not sure if these guy's have previously made the forum but well worth a listen.

https://youtu.be/svCSwgVCEf0
Mickey

Full Real Name: Michael Beaumont

Re: Excellent Cover Band

Postby Garystrat » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:18 am

They are the ThomShell Light Orchestra from Djakarta Indonesia , the lead guitarist is Echank Caesar, I believe he may be the one doing some Shadows settings on the Strymon Volante (which is how I became aware of them, videos 3, 4,5 in the link below):

https://www.youtube.com/@noekhrisnadi

Below is their video of the Cliff Richard & The Shadows Night with Hendri Rotinsulu & The ThomShell Light Orchestra Session 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O99GF0gFGE0
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby scouserjoe2 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:20 am

Hi,

I took at look at the two parts of their 'Cliff Richard & The Shadows' show. I thought it was an extremely polished performance from an impressive outfit (although I thought the keyboard player looked very 'serious' throughout). I would certainly recommend other members take a look as I am sure they would enjoy seeing this, particularly the instrumental sections of the show. Quite surprised to see 'Adios Muchachos' included in the set (which was a nice change), but as with all the other tracks it was extremely well performed.

The short videos by the lead guitarist on the Strymon Volante were very enlightening and informative; the capabilities of this unit are very impressive. That said, however, I am still firmly attached to my TVS3.

Thanks for posting the links, otherwise I probably would never have come across these videos.

Ian
scouserjoe2

Full Real Name: Ian Evans

Postby Teflon » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:04 pm

I first watched these videos during lockdown, and was impressed enough to download copies to keep - I've watched them a few times now. I was also surprised by the inclusion of Adios Muchachos, and it prompted me to have a go at learning it. I've sort of got it, but still make mistakes on it (always at different points) :oops: . "Girl On The Bus" was another nice surprise.

As already said, a very polished performance by all involved.

Cliff

PS, I should have said, I first found out about the videos via a newsletter from Leos Den, who highlighted them as soon as they went "live". Great service as always from a great web site.
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Return to The Shadows