Roger Allcock - Back In The Tracks.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Roger Allcock - Back In The Tracks.

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Hope someone can help.
I have purchased all of Rogers Backing Track CD's and while I'm uploading them onto my digital platform (for easier use), his first CD Back In The Tracks has become defective. It wont play on any CD player and the CD itself, looks discoloured. I have recorded a couple of tracks from the album in the past which verifies ownership but sadly due to Roger passing, i cant get a replacement from him.
I was wondering if anyone can help in running me off a copy, I only need the CD as I have all the artwork/cover here and I'm willing to cover material and postage costs.
If you can help, please message or email me (details in my profile), thanks in advance.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Re: Roger Allcock - Back In The Tracks.

Postby shadowriter » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:27 pm

Hi Alan

Have got it. Email your address to me at onlynorman@hotmail.co.uk and I will
gladly run off a copy and send it to you.

I did enjoy your posting of the Buddy Holly medley some time ago.

Cheers

Norman
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:09 pm

Thanks for the offer Norman, I got fixed up soon after posting. Thanks to those others who offered, much appreciated.
AlanMcKillop

Postby scouserjoe2 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:53 pm

Hi Alan,

I have had a problem like this with one or two of Roger's CDs, and before his sad passing I was always able to get replacements from him either digitally or as a replacement disk.

I am glad you have managed to get the missing tracks you were looking for, however if you have this problem again please just give me a telephone call as I have all Roger's material now copied to my computer precisely for the reason you have just discovered.

Best regards,

Ian
scouserjoe2

Full Real Name: Ian Evans

Postby AlanMcKillop » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:17 am

Thanks Ian, I’ve managed to upload all of my backing tracks with the exception of the one mentioned above. I did this some time ago and when I had the issue with one cd, I simply put it aside and forgot about it. I came across it when I returned from the US, hence my original post. It’s so much easier to navigate now, rather than go through individual cds looking for a particular track, a simple search will bring up the backing track/s and at least you can listen to the options and choose the best one. In any case, thanks again for the offer.
AlanMcKillop

Postby chrisa » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:58 am

I’m sorry to hear there have been a few problems with dad’s Backing Track CDs.
I still have all the digital files for the mp3s and the tab in PDFs so if anyone needs a replacement from those I’ll be happy to send them. Unfortunately I can’t offer replacement physical CDs.

If anyone has ‘gaps’ in their collection they would like to fill please let me know.

Closing the Vintage Sounds web site may, on reflection, have been a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but I’m sure you will understand how topsy turvy everything is when someone close passes. If there is enough interest I will reopen the site - your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
chrisa

Full Real Name: Chris Allcock

Postby scouserjoe2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:45 am

Chris,

Many thanks for your continued support by offering to supply mp3 files in cases of difficulty or omission. I completely understand your reasons for closing the Vintage Sounds site when your father sadly passed away; it would have been a very difficult time for you. I am sure that the idea of re-opening it again (even if only for the opportunity to offer digital downloads) would be welcomed by many past and potential customers. Your father's work was much admired and I for one regularly play his complete tracks as well as his backing tracks.

Kind regards,

Ian
scouserjoe2

Postby scouserjoe2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:21 pm

Hi again, Alan,

Following your post I went through my computerised files of 'Back in The Tracks' just to check that they had all recorded OK from the CD. Guess What ?? The 'Buddy Holly Medley BT' track is 'damaged' and will not play. Does this work on your system. If it does then I would be grateful of a copy if you wouldn't mind.

Best wishes,

Ian
scouserjoe2

Postby AlanMcKillop » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Hi Ian,
I’ll check it out and get a copy to you.
Cheers,
Alan
AlanMcKillop

Postby AlanMcKillop » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:21 pm

Hi Ian, file sent via WeTransfer.
Cheers,
Alan
AlanMcKillop

Next