Is nothing sacred?!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Is nothing sacred?!

Postby Mikey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Did you look at the slideshow? Compare the "Fake Four" with the Fab four on the original cover and they looked well dodgy!
Mikey

Postby Didier » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 pm

bgohara wrote:In a sense, it doesn't really matter who owns Abbey Road now - because there would be no sentimentality from the current owners of EMI. We can only hope that any new owners respect its very rich heritage - and don't turn it into some tacky tourist attraction (or worse)

I guess it's not classified as an historical monument, so I fear that we have to be prepared for the worst...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby captainhaddock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 am

Have just been listening to Chris Evans' show on Radio 2. He seems to be advocating that Paul Macartney should buy Abbey Road. He also suggested that a one off concert featuring Paul and Ringo + other stars could actually fund purchase of the Abbey Road studios. Chris feels that given the amount of popular music produced at Abbey Road over the years, that Abbey Road is of equal cultural importance to Britain and the World as the Globe Theatre and other high brow projects. I think that he is right.
captainhaddock

Postby Amanda » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 pm

How much is the crossing up for? :D
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Previous

Return to The Shadows