Numbers of tracks

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Numbers of tracks

Postby MikeAB » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:12 pm

I was loading up the latest Dusty Tapes CD's on my iPod and wondering how many duplicates there were to previous issues. Anyway, that is for another day.

It made me wonder how many tracks Mr Marvin was on if I added up everything on my iPod that he featured on, including guest spots like Evita, Leo Sayer etc. I've always tried to pick up anything by him and the Shads, and a few others but in a less dedicated way.

It came to 1576 with probably 30/40 live duplicates. I thought that was staggering - and I do not have quite all the Cliff/Shads stuff either.

On a similar idea Genesis came out at 1068 - but with several 'add- on' artists as they all had solo careers. With just Steve Hackett solo stuff (very much my main 'extra' at 609) they came to 851. Lots of live Hackett stuff though.

Then a huge drop to The Moody Blues and Justin Hayward adding up to 486, Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler at 337.

Has anyone other than session men (and ladies) matched Hank in quantity?! (only Cliff himself maybe?)

Mike
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Re: Numbers of tracks

Postby Fenderman » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:25 pm

Jimmy Page maybe? Or session guitarists such as Vic Flick?
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby iefje » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:57 am

I think Brian Bennett has played on a considerable number of tracks as well.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby RogerCook » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:59 pm

Mike,
Were you able to download the track/title data etc for these CDs?
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby MikeAB » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:20 pm

No I couldn't - the usual somewhat irritating problem with many non-mainstream issues. I can't remember the name of it now but 'mainstream' CD titles used to be stored on a central database for iTunes etc to be able to find them. Someone will know the name of it I expect. So when I am in the mood I will type all the details in - a pain.

Mike
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby Teflon » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:49 pm

MikeAB wrote:No I couldn't - the usual somewhat irritating problem with many non-mainstream issues. I can't remember the name of it now but 'mainstream' CD titles used to be stored on a central database for iTunes etc to be able to find them. Someone will know the name of it I expect. So when I am in the mood I will type all the details in - a pain.

Mike

is it "Grace Note", or something similar?

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby JimN » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:07 pm

JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to The Shadows