NEXT NORTH NOTTS MEETING 15th October.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

NEXT NORTH NOTTS MEETING 15th October.

Postby pjr » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:20 am

Well folks it has been a while but we are back!
Laura is doing very well and wants to give it a go9 to see how well her stamina holds up.

So the next meeting will take place on Sunday 15th October at the usual venue. (More details over on the Clubs section.)
Refreshments will be available as normal and there will also be the usual raffle at half-time.

If enough people turn up to make future meetings viable then we will continue to run them.
It will be good to see some of the old faces again - and new ones too of course. :)
Cheers for now,,

Pete
pjr

Full Real Name: Peter J Richardson

Re: NEXT NORTH NOTTS MEETING 15th October.

Postby dave robinson » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm

That's great news Pete, I'll do my best to be there if I feel OK. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Andycook » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 am

Hi Pete that’s great new so good to hear Laura is on the mend and doing well, :) unfortunately we can’t make it on Sunday but will look forward to catching up with everyone in December, have a great meeting.
Best regards
Andy Anita & Arthur
Andycook

Full Real Name: Andy Cook

Postby pjr » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:47 pm

Thanks guys!

ANDY, I understand Geoff W. is having hand surgery soon, - give him our wishes for a speedy recovery if you speak to him. :thumbup:

Cheers,
pjr

Postby Andycook » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:53 pm

I will let him know Pete not a problem :thumbup:
Andycook

Full Real Name: Andy Cook

Postby Geoff_W » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:57 pm

pjr wrote:Thanks guys!

ANDY, I understand Geoff W. is having hand surgery soon, - give him our wishes for a speedy recovery if you speak to him. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Thanks Pete. Had the surgery today and apparently it went ok. So please Laura is doing well and we hope to see you in December.

Geoff & Ann
Geoff_W

Full Real Name: Geoff Worrall

Postby TonySzpala » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:24 pm

Pete

Delighted to hear that North Notts. Guitar Club is up and running again. Hopefully will see you on Sunday. Very pleased to hear Laura has made such good progress. I'll be more of a spectator than a player for this session.

Best wishes

Tony
TonySzpala

Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Postby dave robinson » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Nice to see a healthy turn out at NorthNotts and to catch up with some old friends, including Alan Jackson who I don't think I've seen since we did the work together for Charlie Watkins on the Digital Copicat in 2009.
Delighted for Laura that her treatment has been successful so far and that she looks great and in good spirits. Add to that her wonderful cooking and that carrot cake, it's worth turning out just for that.
Well done to Pete for achieving the 20th anniversary with this club and what a lovey surprise to hear a personal message from Bruce Welch to put the icing on the cake.
I remember being at the first meeting at the Cricket Club over near Warsop all those years ago. How time flies. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby pjr » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:19 am

Well folks, what a day and a great surprise we had!

To follow on from what Dave wrote above and for those who weren't able to be there, this was the first meeting of 2023 for the club as Laura has had to undergo surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy for the obvious reasons.
It was a well attended meeting and it was absolutoly a pleasure to see you all again.
It was totally unexpected when Laura and myself were called to the front of the room during the break to receive a giant card signed by lots of club members congratulating us on keeping the club going for 20 years.
But on top of that, I was asked tp put a memory stick that had been passed to me into the PA system and play the contents. What a wonderful surprise to hear a specially recorded message to us from Bruce Welch himself!
We definitely didn't expect it and were both very humbled by this kind gesture from you all.

So from both R. Lass and me, a huge thank you to you all - , especially the ones who arranged all this - and to Bruce of course for his good wishes.
Finally, let's not forget the unsung hero in all this, Mr David Martin who started the ball rolling for Shadows Clubs all over the globe. Cheers David. :thumbup:

So we hope to see you all again at the next one in December for more of what we all enjoy doing. (Perhaps a 21st birthday party for the anniversary next April?) :)

Best wishes from both of us and we want you all to know that we appreciate you too!

Pete and Laura
pjr

Postby Sothall Mike » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:45 am

Well done Pete and Laura, you both truly deserve what took place yesterday, and I think I can speak for all involved in yesterday's events - Robin, Ian, myself and Gill, it's an absolute pleasure to be part of such a fantastic club. Well done !!! See you in December.
Regards
Mike and Gill.
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Return to The Shadows