Hank features on new version of Mark Knopfler's "Going Home"

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank features on new version of Mark Knopfler's "Going Home"

Postby iefje » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:49 pm

I just came across some great news. Mark Knopfler has recorded a new version of his composition "Going Home" together with his guitar heroes, to raise funds for Teenage Cancer Trust and Teen Cancer America. Among the special guests is Hank! Read all information here:
https://markknopflersguitarheroes.tmstor.es/?lf=8ebdd90ef8afd586d351cae8e9bf43b2
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: Hank features on new version of Mark Knopfler's "Going H

Postby Alan Taylor » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:56 pm

Here's the info:

Mark Knopfler's Guitar Heroes
Going Home (Theme From Local Hero) Digital Single £0.99 (also on CD)

Release Date: Mar 15, 2024

A landmark in rock music history, this new, very special recording of Mark Knopfler’s anthemic ‘Going Home (Theme From Local Hero)’ has been recorded to raise funds for Teenage Cancer Trust and Teen Cancer America.

Performed by Mark Knopfler’s Guitar Heroes and produced by Knopfler’s longtime collaborator Guy Fletcher, the track features an unprecedented line-up of some of the greatest guitarists and musicians in history.

Full list of contributors:
Joan Armatrading, Jeff Beck, Richard Bennett, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Brown, James Burton, Jonathan Cain, Paul Carrack, Eric Clapton, Ry Cooder, Jim Cox, Steve Cropper, Sheryl Crow, Danny Cummings, Roger Daltrey, Duane Eddy, Sam Fender, Guy Fletcher, Peter Frampton, Audley Freed, Vince Gill, David Gilmour, Buddy Guy, Keiji Haino, Tony Iommi, Joan Jett, John Jorgenson, Mark Knopfler, Sonny Landreth, Albert Lee, Greg Leisz, Alex Lifeson, Steve Lukather, Phil Manzanera, Dave Mason, Hank Marvin, Brian May, Robbie McIntosh, John McLaughlin, Tom Morello, Rick Nielsen, Orianthi, Brad Paisley, Nile Rodgers, Mike Rutherford, Joe Satriani, John Sebastian, Connor Selby, Slash, Bruce Springsteen, Ringo Starr and Zak Starkey, Sting, Andy Taylor, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, Ian Thomas, Pete Townshend, Keith Urban, Steve Vai, Waddy Wachtel, Joe Louis Walker, Joe Walsh, Ronnie Wood, Glenn Worf, Zucchero.
Alan Taylor

Full Real Name: Alan Taylor

Postby MikeAB » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:08 pm

Hank suddenly left handed - but at least he seems to own the store.
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby dave robinson » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:49 pm

Can someone explain to me the benefit of the Blue Ray version please, I thought Blue Ray was for DVD ?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Iain Purdon » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:35 pm

dave robinson wrote:Can someone explain to me the benefit of the Blue Ray version please, I thought Blue Ray was for DVD ?

BluRay is updated tech that offers better quality and greater storage capacity than DVD. As with DVD, a BluRay disc holds audio as well as video, so a BluRay player can be used for listening to music, watching video or both. (It can also be used for other things but I know little about them!)
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby iefje » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:07 pm

In this case, the Blu-Ray offers a Dolby Atmos sound mix of the track. Maybe it will be accompanied by pictures of the recording session.
I myself own the super deluxe editions of The Who's albums "Tommy", "Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia". These all include a Blu-Ray Audio disc, offering the original stereo mix of the album in high resolution, a 5.1 sound mix and in the case of "Who's Next", also an Atmos sound mix.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Return to The Shadows