Shads in Brisbane last night

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Shads in Brisbane last night

Postby Rosemary » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:46 am

After last night's Cliff and The Shadows concert in Brisbane, I can die happy.
It was a night I'll never forget. To hear and see the Shads live was the best experience ever and I've never been to such a totally brilliant concert before and probably never will again (unless they do a 60th reunion and they all look so young, healthy, happy and energetic, maybe they will.) :).

The Shads played two sets - one before interval and one after including 'Wonderful Land', 'Dance On', 'The Savage', 'Sleepwalk', 'Atlantis', 'Foot Tapper' and 'Apache' (the latter almost bringing the house down! )

Then of course there was the pure joy of listening to them accompanying Sir Cliff (who was also fantastic!) with a sound nobody else can capture. No matter what the song the sound is always unmistakably Shadows - even the acoustic ones. How they do it, I don't know. Just magic! One of the best nights of my life! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Best wishes to all
Rosemary

P.S. Here's a phone photo from last night but I only took a few as I didn't want to miss anything!
Attachments
Shadows_180110_1.jpg
(170.04 KiB) Downloaded 6002 times
Rosemary

Full Real Name: Rosemary Beattie

Re: Shads in Brisbane last night

Postby Wilson » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 am

Hi All,

I was at the concert last night also. An excellent night and I think the sound and energy made it a better show than the one we went to at Sheffield. I have never heard The Savage played like they did last night. The sound and 'energy' was out of this world. Apache was not far behind.
Cliff's last words as he disappeared beside Brian's drums " See you next time"
Incidentally how long has Warren been playing drums? Looks like he had a snare and a couple of symbals. Great stuff all round. A great night.
Wilson.
Wilson

Full Real Name: Wilson Eric William Boyd

Postby RayL » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 am

Wilson wrote: Incidentally how long has Warren been playing drums?

Here's a quote from Warren when I interviewed him in his studio for the 2003 Pipeline Instrumental Convention DVD, when The Vibratos were top of the bill. He's talking about the Vibratos albums.

"My Dad's played on a couple of tracks on our first two albums, and I've now started doing some drums 'cause I'm cheaper and, to be honest, quicker!" (he grins at the camera).

Ray L
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby Wilson » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the info. Wilson.
Wilson

Full Real Name: Wilson Eric William Boyd

Postby David Martin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 am

Glad you had a good time Rosemary... ;)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby dagon1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Everyone!
I was at the Gold Coast Show on the 16th few days earlier, 30metres from the centre stage - literally centre!!! It rekindled my long lost passion for The Shadows. I am now a born again Shad disciple. :)
Attachments
HM_01.jpg
(56.43 KiB) Downloaded 5858 times
dagon1

Postby dewitteluchendrik » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 pm

I hope for a 60th anniversary Cliff-shadowstour
dewitteluchendrik

Postby Fenderman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 pm

What guitar is that Hank's playing in the above picture? And what's the writing on it?
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby dagon1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:01 am

Fenderman wrote:What guitar is that Hank's playing in the above picture? And what's the writing on it?

It is a Fender strat alright. Looks like "Tabloid headings" does'nt it??. I'll have a look at other less handshaken pictures to decipher and let u know!! ;). Have a look at my gallery where I will try and put on some more pictures from that night. Cheers.
dagon1

Postby shadowman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:29 am

Hi Fenderman ! If you obtain the show DVD it is all explained in detail. We are looking forward to the show in Auckland on the 25th Feb.
shadowman

Next

Return to The Shadows