Mark Knopfler

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Mark Knopfler

Postby P.G.M.G. » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:50 pm

Hi members,

Support the projects of Mark Knopfler, Teenage Cancer Trust and Teen Cancer America, by buying the new version of Going Home. Hank is on 3.29-3.49.

Best wishes,
Peter
P.G.M.G.

Full Real Name: Peter Geuijen

Re: Mark Knokfler

Postby iefje » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:51 pm

I have ordered the 12" vinyl single and the CD single, which I have yet to receive. However, I have just listened to it via YouTube. Hank's contribution is indeed very recognisable, but I have not spotted Pete Townshend and Duane Eddy.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: Mark Knopfler

Postby iefje » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:02 am

Yesterday, I received my copies of the 12" vinyl single and the CD single. Both have been very attractively packaged. The 12" vinyl has the image with the palm trees etched on the B-side of the record, very nicely done. Of course, I have listened to the track again from both formats. A great version of "Going Home". I saw a message last week, that there would be a videoclip of the track identifying every musician in the recording. Does anyone know where to find it?
iefje

Postby iefje » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:57 am

Also, I noticed the 12" vinyl single version is shorter than the CD single version. The former clocks in at 8:20, while the latter is 9:50 long. It also lists less contributors: Roger Daltrey and Sheryl Crow do not appear on the former, but they do on the latter.
iefje

Postby UlrichS » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:36 pm

iefje wrote:... I saw a message last week, that there would be a videoclip of the track identifying every musician in the recording. Does anyone know where to find it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGm7gJtSZE
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby iefje » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:53 pm

UlrichS wrote:
iefje wrote:... I saw a message last week, that there would be a videoclip of the track identifying every musician in the recording. Does anyone know where to find it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGm7gJtSZE

Thanks Ulrich. :thumbup:
iefje

Return to The Shadows