SMSE March meeting - and NEW VENUE.....

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes

SMSE March meeting - and NEW VENUE.....

Postby JimN » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

As already mentioned here in another thread, ShadowMusic (SMSE, Kent) is not only moving to a new venue with immediate effect, but is also moving to a different night of the week and a different position in the month.

First: the time and day - the next meeting will take place on Thursday 4th March and thereafter (for the foreseeable future) on the first Thursday of the month. Usual time (19:30 onwards).

Second: the venue...

The new venue wil be....

...[gulp]...

Temple Farm Working Mens Club, at 15-17 Cedar Road, Rochester, Kent ME2 2HB, [phone: 01634 717172 ]

If you have Satnav, you can use the satnav [ME2 2HB] as your homing signal.

If you're using less hi-tech methods of navigation, here's a map of the area:

http://tinyurl.com/yj92725

You can probably see that Cedar Road runs off Darnley Road, but doesn't quite meet. That's because the local authority, suffering an attack of the maddness that affects all councils, blocked off the junction with concrete. "A" marks the spot (and it isn't far from the blocked-off junction), but you need to travel via Cuxton Road (the main road - A228) and Hawthorn Road in order to get as near as possible to the club.

See: http://tinyurl.com/yk8c48o

Knock twice (actually, ring the buzzer) and say "Spence sent me" - and they'll let you in. We're in the capacious back-room.

We have to pay a small honorarium to the club, so we will be reinstating the membership fee (relax, it's only 50p for the balance of the year to July inclusive) and will be retaining the £2 entrance fee.

This will be the 80th meeting of SMSE (by my reckoning) and because the new day of the month was arranged at short notice, it clashes with a trip I'm making, meaning that it will be the first SMSE that either Spence or I will have missed (and It'll Be Me...).

So be gentle with Spence, who'll be doing his best...

I'll see you at the April meeting (I hope).

Best wishes,

JN

[PS: Posted twice (Clubs and General] because I know there are some who don't read via "New Messages".]
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to The Main Board