Shades of Rock (rpm re-release)

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shades of Rock (rpm re-release)

Postby hoffers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 am

Hi DD,

I know you would have passed on the info, my comment was not aimed at you, I can assure you.
See you soon

Tony H
hoffers

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Tony,
DD passed on my details to John Reed & so I gave some assistance re: sleeve notes. The tracklisting wasn't mentioned to me at all either - if John Reed had mentioned "High Heel Sneakers" then I would have definitely said 'Yes' - go for it!!!! What a pity it was left off. They had their own reasons for including "S.O.T.S" - but could easily have put out "H H S" too!!! A wasted opportunity.

Bests....Rob :)
Arpeggio

Postby hoffers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Robster,

Yes, it's a lost opportunity for sure.
Perhaps they were worried in case Uncle Brucie came after them, like he did with us with the Shadows at Abbey Road. Remember?
According to Pat Terrett, my name was mud when Bruce organised a meeting to discuss the very first Shadowmania, and my only involvement was to suggest a few tracks to EMI after they'd contacted ME!!! I never got any payment for it.
I always felt Bruce held that against me for many years after.

Happy daze!!!
Hoffs
hoffers

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Sir Anthony Hoffersman de York,
Happy days indeed! (Not!!) If Sir Alex Ferguson in an extremely bad mood is the 'Hair - Drier' - then I don't know how you would qualify Bruce re: Abbey Road outtakes!!! Hey Tone....at least you didn't get the very first 'phone call on the subject!!!!!! And I was only asked to write the sleeve notes! He! He!

Bests....Rob :D
Arpeggio

Previous

Return to The Shadows