THE NEW ALBUM...GOT IT!!!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: THE NEW ALBUM...GOT IT!!!

Postby OLDEREK » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:37 pm

If you are playing it that loud with the windows open , he can most likely hear it ....... :D :lol: :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
OLDEREK

Postby Shad1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 pm

A terrific album - seriously. I think everyone concerned should be congratulated: Hank for his very well thought-out solos - some are absolutely fantastic, Bruce for his flawless and strident playing, Brian - well I was blown away with what he is doing at various times - and what a snare sound he gets! Marks bass is immaculate, Warrens arrangements are wonderful. The vocals are slightly 'different' (no surprise there) but overall a very impressive album. I wasn't sure if they'd manage to pull it off - but, as ever, they have.

Thanks guys.

Malc.

PS Cliff dun good too.....:)
Shad1

Full Real Name: Malcolm C McEwan

Postby Peter K » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 am

Good Morning,

I've got the album, too. It's really much better than I had expected.
I didn't think that something new could be added to the very familiar tunes, but I was wrong. Though Cliff's voice might sound more fragile than in former years, the sound of the Shadows is really great. The production reminds me of the beginning of their career, every instrument can be heard very clearly, nothing is mixed away or mixed down like in the eighties. That's exactly what I like, every instrument has the same share of the sound, very good.
A brilliant album and I'm really looking forward to see and hear the boys at Cologne on November 28th !
Peter K

Postby bridev » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Arrrrgh. As mentioned in a post elswhere, on pain of death I have to wait till Christmas before I get my copy. You guys have got me drooling at the prospect. Time will drag by real slow. :cry:

Brian.
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Previous

Return to The Shadows