Jet Harris, MBE

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Jet Harris, MBE

Postby Mikey » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:31 pm

When my wife's "Take a Break" magazine came through the letter box this morning whose pictures did i see on the front...none other than Mr Jet Harris MBE and his lovely wife Janet.
It was Janet's story of how they met, lost touch and then found each other again. It's a lovely story that would knock Mills & Boon into a cocked hat....not that I ever read Mills & Boon (he added, hastily). I'm not advocating reading ladies mags lads but as it's about The Guvnor, this one's allowed!
Mikey

Postby dave robinson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 pm

To say I'm delighted that Jet has been awarded an MBE would be an understatement. In my eyes he is THE one who provided the inspiration to us kids back then with his great looks and cool stage presence.
If in doubt, have a look at the old black and white TV clips of Cliff & The Shadows - he stands out above all, the real X Factor, if ever there was such a thing. Well done Jet, enjoy it. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Bojan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:45 am

Absolutely . . . the X factor!! The living legend who inspired generations!! The one and only JET HARRIS, MBE

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap:
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Previous

Return to The Shadows