Re: Hello to our lady members

Postby AngeliqueNL » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Not a lot of ladies here it seems? :roll:
AngeliqueNL

Postby Axewoman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi
I am a newbie this is my first post,
I started playing the guitar 35 years ago after watching my older Bro doing his Hank impressions on a Spanish guitar he bought from kays catalogue. I inherited the guitar after my Bro upgraded to a jedson tele copy. i was mostly self taught and pinched a few ideas of my Bro. I played left handed and and it was difficult to find suitable guitars, My first electric was a Wilson Rapier 33 from bell music played throught some ancient Valve amp, When I was a student nurse and not much money, luckily I got a Shergold Masquerader second hand which i still have. I play mostly at home, and with my Bro, I have been to Shadows concerts for years and enjoy playing their Music but i am also a big fan of Surf guitar instrumentals, acoustic guitar, and Jazz.
Being lefty i do not always have much choice, but I got a really nice Fender 1988 Strat Rose wood board in August that plays like a dream, Its much lighter than my old 1978 Ash strat which kills my back...I love anything to do with guitars, its my passion, and it keeps me sane.
Axewoman

Postby SELEDA284 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Many thanks, Angelique & Gillian for your very interesting messages..... :) I think there are several more lady members on here but perhaps they are a bit shy in posting at the moment..... :oops:
Although I do not play guitar..... (have had many half-hearted attempts over the years but havent had the motivation to practise it regularly enough, much to my shame........ :oops: :oops: )
I have several guitars here in the house, some belonging to Ade (mostly Fender Strats...naturally !..) & some of my own .. 2 Fender Strats, 1 Fender acoustic & 2 Sunn Mustang Strats, hanging up on the wall infront of me as I sit here typing! :D so I have no excuse whatsoever of not getting cracking & learning!! :shock: its never too late to learn...maybe I should have made that my New year resolution! :roll:
Keep the posts going ladies, & lets hear from the shy ones as well.... :D
SELEDA284

Postby Dranna » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:58 pm

I noticed that some of us have mentioned that we would like to play guitar but never seemed to find the time. I just wanted to share with you my story…

I joined our (all-female) band as a vocalist, and I had never played a guitar before. When our bassist passed away, we couldn’t find another female bassist to take over. I thought maybe I could play the bass, so I began to learn. I was 45 years old when I started, and I’ve been the band's bassist since. I'm enjoying myself immensely!

It's not too late! We’re never too old to try something for the first time!
Dranna

Previous

Return to The Shadows