Tickets bought!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Tickets bought!

Postby Martin Page » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 am

My mate, who lives in Frimley went down to Lakeside this morning and bought a couple of tickets at 9:30 a.m. On a table at the front, one row back. Interesting that the box office opens earlier for over-the-counter bookings...

Martin.
Martin Page

Re: Tickets bought!

Postby Keith Bateman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 am

Got mine after about 10 efforts to get through. I'm still miffed that you cannot specify an available seat as you would with any other booking of this type.
Anyway, looking forward to another good show. Thanks Bruce.

Keith
Keith Bateman

Full Real Name: Keith Bateman

Postby Amanda » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 am

Just got mine!!

Tried to book Innkeepers lodge at Frimley as I've done before Price has gone up
from £60.00 for 2 nights to £112!!

Booked a Lodge at Lakeside, if I find somewhere cheaper I can cancel!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Arpeggio » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 am

Amanda,
Your friend was obviously very lucky. I went down in person too (I think that your friend was leaving just as I arrived). Austin & one other lady were manning the phones. In my case he (politely) declined to serve me until just after 10.00am after the 'phones had started going mad. He said that it was only fair because of people booking by telephone. Anyway - no major problem as I did manage to obtain tickets. There was only one other fan there in person by 10.00am - so people booking by 'phone obviously weren't terribly disadvantaged!!!1

Bests...Rob :D
Arpeggio

Postby Martin Page » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 am

Arpeggio wrote:Amanda,
Your friend was obviously very lucky. I went down in person too (I think that your friend was leaving just as I arrived). Austin & one other lady were manning the phones. In my case he (politely) declined to serve me until just after 10.00am after the 'phones had started going mad. He said that it was only fair because of people booking by telephone. Anyway - no major problem as I did manage to obtain tickets. There was only one other fan there in person by 10.00am - so people booking by 'phone obviously weren't terribly disadvantaged!!!1

Bests...Rob :D

Martin actually, not Amanda!

Martin.
Martin Page

Postby Arpeggio » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:21 pm

D'Oh! Sorry Martin - got confused with another posting! :o :) :lol:
Arpeggio

Postby OLDEREK » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 pm

I got on the phone at 10.12, and got through at 10.40, I had such a laugh with the lady on the other end of the phone( whos name I won't mention), she joked that if she won the lottery she would give everyone tickets with table 34 on them, what fun that would be on the day she said ! ...How nice to find somone with a sense of humour, very funny lady :D :D :D
OLDEREK

Postby des mcneill » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:41 pm

I managed after about 90 minutes to get through on the 'phone and ordered nine tickets for the Northern Ireland Shadows club but I booked the hotel on Friday.
Unlike normal practice my credit card was deducted immediately,- I think these people know they have us just where they want us.
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby SHADADDICT » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:27 pm

18minutes is all it took to get mine, so I can't say I was disadvantaged by any means . Austin & co were doing a stirling job, & more power to their elbows. I bet it was bedlam in there today . Just waiting for them to arrive now to find out where I've landed . come on postie!! ;)

Life is like a toilet roll - The nearer you get to the end . the faster it goes!!
SHADADDICT

Full Real Name: Tony Read

Return to The Shadows