Lakeside Hotels Fully Booked

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Lakeside Hotels Fully Booked

Postby Arpeggio » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Everyone,
I drove to Lakeside this morning. I wasn't served until shortly after 10.00am - but did get tickets. The main thing to say is that (at 9.45am) I managed to book the very last room for Friday / Saturday in the Continental Hotel. The receptionist told me that there was just one room left at the International (because of a cancellation) - but someone called to book that just as I was leaving. So.....already...there are NO rooms left at all on the Lakeside site. Anyone still wanting accommodation will have to explore nearby options - or ask to be put on a waiting list I suppose.

Best wishes,

Rob :shock:
Arpeggio

Re: Lakeside Hotels Fully Booked

Postby George Geddes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Our Bass player (Mr J Bassist) usually stays at the Innkeepers Lodge which is quite close to Lakeside. Well, he says it is...

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby JohnBassist » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:14 pm

George Geddes wrote:Our Bass player (Mr J Bassist) usually stays at the Innkeepers Lodge which is quite close to Lakeside. Well, he says it is...

George

Our Rhythm guitarist (Mr G Geddes) usually stays at the Lakeside - which is why we stay at the Innkeepers Lodge - ;) :!: (so we are not blinded by the neckwear at breakfast) ;) ;)

John
JohnBassist

Postby Amanda » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Inn keepers lodge has gone up from £60 for two nights to £112 for two nights!

The Lakeside Hotels were fully booked last Monday!

I managed to get a lodge, but if I find somewhere cheaper I'll cancel and go there instead!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby JohnBassist » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Amanda wrote:Inn keepers lodge has gone up from £60 for two nights to £112 for two nights!
The Lakeside Hotels were fully booked last Monday!
I managed to get a lodge, but if I find somewhere cheaper I'll cancel and go there instead!
Amanda

Hi Amanda
The Innkeepers Lodge offers 3 nights for the price of 2 (as they have done every year so far) so coming from Scotland we always take advantage of that and Patricia and I make a bit a of a long weekend of it - so the £112.00 actually works out at +/- £35 per night for a double room and breakfast which ain't bad. (We both look forward to catching up with you again this year).
Regards
John
JohnBassist

Postby Sleepwalker63 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I was able to get 2 nights at the Lakeside Lodges for £90 last Thursday. I just hope there will still be tickets available next week for the event itself when I get back from the U.S. (why can I book the hotel rooms online, but have to phone up for the event tickets?)

Richard.
Sleepwalker63

Return to The Shadows