Charity Concert in Congleton, Cheshire

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Charity Concert in Congleton, Cheshire

Postby Paulps » Sun May 16, 2010 9:46 am

Well John, you asked for it, so here is the post event post.
The evening went very well, in total raising nearly £1,000.00, with possibly more to come.
Charles Campbell managed to jet in from Dublin before the volcanic ash returned (I hope he manages to jet out again) and considering we only had about 1 hour rehearsal with him, he was brilliant. He fitted in well, playing rhythm, lead or Bass, and despite some songs going away from the planned arrangements, he always managed to adapt. Thanks Charles. :clap:
Clive Duckworth on Drums, kept going throughout the 3 sets, he was the only one of us not to sit out for a few numbers. My thanks to him. :clap:
Nigel Duckworth, on guitar, played to his always high standard, so my thanks to him as well. :clap:
Ian Plant played rhythm or lead with equal skill, his arpeggios when I played "Tonight" were spot on. Thanks Ian. :clap:
We had 3 "guest" artists.
George Wootton sang three songs, while strumming his Vintage guitar. :clap:
Dan Toft (Fenderdan)joined us to play lead on Wipeout. :clap:
Peter (Bear) Jackson, who played with Dave Berry for 6 years, and with the Hermits for 4 years, during his 40+ years as a pro musician, joined us on Bass for a 12-bar rock and roll medley. Peter also had his head shaved on the night, and raised over £150.00. Before it got chopped off, his hair reached almost to his waist so it was quite a loss for him. :clap:
If I can sort out how to download them, there wil be photos, and possibly a video or two, posted in the near future.
When I have recovered from the exertions of last night, I will tell you what is happening next in Congleton.
Good news for all the former members of the Cheshire Guitar Club. Keep July 17th free!!
Last edited by Paulps on Wed May 19, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulps

Postby Stratpicker » Mon May 17, 2010 9:34 am

It was a pleasure, Paul!! A great night - packed to the rafters.
So happy that we made so much for MacMillan. It was a Blast!!!
As I write this Charles is sat at (CLOSED!!) Birmingham Airport with fingers crossed that it will re-open at midday.
Thanks for letting us participate.
cheers
Ian and Charles
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby geronimo7476 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi Paul, My turn to say a really great thank you to yourself and the whole team, It was an amazing night! The music was great, the atmosphere was brilliant,
the hospitality I received from Ian and Val, Paul and June and all the members of the band was simply outstanding!!! I had a wonderful time and really felt part of the family! I was honoured to be asked to be involved in this charity concert!!
I was glad that I had no problem getting to the UK and back, besides a short two hour delay on my return home to Dublin.

Thankyou once again,

Cheers CC
geronimo7476

Postby roninnes » Mon May 17, 2010 11:03 pm

What a wonderful night for you. Macmillan nurses are the very best. The Shadow community are wonderful in supporting charity. Well done. Ron & Ange
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby Tony Szpala » Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Paul

Very well done. Really pleased to hear that it went down so well and you've made a sizeable contribution to a great charity.
Hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Postby Paulps » Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

Paulps wrote:Well John, you asked for it, so here is the post event post.
The evening went very well, in total raising nearly £1,000.00, with possibly more to come.
Peter (Bear) Jackson, who played with Dave Berry for 6 years, and with the Hermits for 4 years, during his 40+ years as a pro musician, joined us on Bass for a 12-bar rock and roll medley. Peter also had his head shaved on the night, and raised over £150.00.

Peter now tells me he will have raised around £400.00 when all the money is in, so the grand total for the event is over £1200.00.

Many thanks again to all who helped. :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
Paulps

Previous

Return to The Shadows