SHADOWS TRIBUTE

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

SHADOWS TRIBUTE

Postby guitarfred » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:36 am

I have just returned from a couple of days in Whitby and noticed that there is a 60s Festival during June and Septembe 2010. Along with many artistes there is also a Shadows Tibute appearing on 5 June between 12 & 4 o clock. I wondered if anyone knew who these are and if it is anyone from this site?
Fred
guitarfred

Full Real Name: Fred Muldowney

Re: SHADOWS TRIBUTE

Postby Steve Jackson » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:30 am

Hi Fred
I dont know who is doing it, "The Foottappers" were asked but are playing at a theatre/Cinema in Newton Stewart (Scotland ) that weekend, I know "Shazam" have played up that way in the past and "Shadowmusic" maybe one of those two.
Steve
Steve Jackson

Postby neil2726 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:55 am

I went to one of these festivals a couple of years ago, just happened to be in Whitby for the weekend. They advertised a Shadows tribute than so I went along. Sad to say the shads band didnt appear, but was replaced by an excellent "Billy Fury".
I would check first to see if the Shads band are actually appearing. The overall concert was very good with a good Everleys duo and the Billy Fury act. Elvis tribute topped the bill but to me these are ten a penny so I left early. (sorry Elvis fans)
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby martcaster » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am

Just to add a little clarification to the 'Whitby' thread. It is, indeed, true that Shadows Music have been the Shads tribute on 1 occasion. Shazam have never done it as part of this festival, although we have shared the bill with Shadows Music at the Whitby Spa Theatre on several occasions. Legend have been "The Shads" as part of the sixties weekend on two occasions, but I have to say that the financial rewards didn't justify accepting another invitation (albeit that Chris, who runs the weekend, has pestered us ever since) and we're certainly not a greedy outfit! I have no idea who Chris has in mind for this year's "Shads" (maybe it's The Fabulous Shadows!!) but I hope whoever it is have a good time and enjoy an appreciative audience. If you're ever in Whitby, call and say 'Hello' at my shop in town...Maynews. It's always good to put faces to names (and we need the trade!)
Love to all,
Mart.
martcaster

Full Real Name: Martin Verrill

Postby steelystrings » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Martin
I will be up in Whitby for 3 days in a couple of weeks time if I see your shop I will call in and introduce myself, and maybe buy a bar of chocolate.

Steve.
steelystrings

Return to The Shadows