The Shadowers say thank you

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

The Shadowers say thank you

Postby MeBHank » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 am

Hi all...

Well, here we are, it's nearly upon us. We have one gig under our belt which was a great taster of what we can expect of the future (Children in Need, Reading), and it's nearly time for the Shadowers' next performance. Most likely, by the time you read this we'll either be travelling to (or underway with) our last rehearsal before Sunday's Pipeline convention. Then, next weekend, we do it all again, this time in Tilburg, accompanied by Licorice Locking and Jet Harris - not a bad guest list for just our third gig!

We are now heading for the first busy period of the group's short history. I'm awful at replying to emails, so I thought I'd thank everyone publicly instead. I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last few months, either by kind emails, encouraging comments (some of which have made it onto our website), or by simply buying a ticket. The amount of work has been collassal - since I left my day job and became a professional musician I'm working more hours than I ever have in my life! We have had many setbacks, including barriers that have been actively put in our way by people whose names I will not menton, but everything has been overcome. We are just at the beginning of an adventure that will hopefully not end for a very long time. My ambition of playing Shadows music with a great band is once again a reality, and I can't wait for those curtains to open on Sunday afternoon. It will make all the work worthwhile.

If you are travelling to Bushey or Tilburg (or anywhere else, for that matter), have a safe journey, and if you are attending one of these events, please come and say hi.

All the best...

Alan, Nigel, Matt, Steve and J.
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Re: The Shadowers say thank you

Postby panchodiaz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:08 am

Forza, Justin!

I´m looking forward to see you in Tilburg next week.

Pancho
panchodiaz

Full Real Name: Francisco Diaz Paniagua

Postby stratmantd » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:24 pm

"We have had many setbacks, including barriers that have been actively put in our way by people whose names I will not menton, but everything has been overcome."

Why not name them Justin? You have mentioned them so why not go the whole hog? Let us know who these twats are so the others may avoid them.

They can't sue if what you say is true and I trust you to speak the truth so, let us know who these people are so that we can shame them.
stratmantd

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Sorry, but all I take from this is that some people have been awkward and Justin has overcome the problem and wants them to know that. Nothing more, and I have no wish to know who they are or what they did. I'd like to see less flaming and more celebration of great music here.
Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:53 pm

It was a pointless statement to make, but he's only a boy. ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby MeBHank » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:04 am

Iain_P wrote:Sorry, but all I take from this is that some people have been awkward and Justin has overcome the problem and wants them to know that. Nothing more, and I have no wish to know who they are or what they did. I'd like to see less flaming and more celebration of great music here.
Iain

Thank you, Iain. Just checked this site on my iPhone and am a bit disheartened to see that the overwhelmingly positive purpose of this thread seems to have been overlooked. You took my comments in the way they were intended, and I wouldn't dream of naming names. As Bruce once said, gentlemen just don't do that.

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby cmwatts67 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 am

Hey! a man of taste you have an iPhone. I guess it won't be long before you'll be looking on an iPad!!

Regards
Chris :)
cmwatts67

Full Real Name: CWatts

Postby kittycph » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Sounds good. Look forward to hear your new band in Tilburg.
kittycph

Return to The Shadows