Soundcard for Windows 7

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Soundcard for Windows 7

Postby Brian Leary » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Got myself a new PC with integrated sound, trouble is it's not duplex. Help line say patch line out to the line in. That's leaving the digital domain in my book.

I have a Audigy 2 card in my other PC which is some years old now working with XP.

Any reason the same card won't be accepted in Windows 7 and if not any suggestions?

Regards.
Brian Leary

Re: Soundcard for Windows 7

Postby UlrichS » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Toby,

If you have the model number of your Audigy 2 card you can check the availability of Windows 7 drivers on the Creative website. As far as I could find out for most models of Audigy 2 at least beta versions drivers can be downloaded.
Good luck,

Ulrich
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby Brian Leary » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks for that Ulrich, do the drivers automatically instal or do I need to install to desktop and maunually instal? If so how do i direct the drivers to the correct location?

T.
Brian Leary

Postby UlrichS » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:42 pm

toby jameson wrote:Thanks for that Ulrich, do the drivers automatically instal or do I need to install to desktop and maunually instal? If so how do i direct the drivers to the correct location?

T.

Hi Toby,

First I would try to install the hardware and look if Windows will already have correct drivers. If this would fail:

Option one: I don't know about the Creative website but if the have an automatic installment you will get guided through the procedure.

The second option would be that you download a driver installment program to your computer (desktop or a location of your choice, i.e. a folder 'Downloads'). When you execute this program it will find the soundcard.

The third option would be that you download just the driver. The following steps are just a guess as I don't have Windows 7 running on any of my computers. Also do I not know the exact English description as my systems have the German ones. Perhaps someone here (Bob?) will be able to help. In any case You will have to go to the system properties, select hardware, then the hardware manager, then your Audio/Video/Gamecontrollers. There you can rightclick on the Audacity soundcard and a menu including 'driver update' will appear. This will guide you through the steps, basically you have to point the update to the location whereto you have downloaded the driver.
I had to use this third option only once in several years with several computers.

Good luck,

Ulrich
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby Brian Leary » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Much appreciated Ulrich. It's a German PC I have--one sold by Aldi the Medion range-a good spec PC but when I look to record what I stream I unfornunatly find the loss of duplex in the motherboard on board sound. Perfect PC which I can live with.

Thanks again.
Brian Leary

Return to The Shadows