final tour dvd

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: final tour dvd

Postby drakula63 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:51 am

Pitts wrote:Hi all,

They had a chap playing various percussion "devices" etc and boy what a talent he has a master of many instruments.
I really hope they can find the energy to get back here one day in the future.

Cheers to all

Ray
NZ

The 'chap' you mention was none other than Warren Bennett, son of Brian, and as 'waffles' an occasional poster on this site. Indeed, we have all been amazed, over the years, at his ability to master any instrument. I'm sure his dad is very proud - he certainly was an essential addition to the line-up (as were Mark Griffiths on bass and Keith Hayman on keyboards/guitars/backing vocals).
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby drakula63 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 am

Didier wrote:
drakula63 wrote:Can't play it on my DVD player, but I can add it to the collection. Sad, I know...

Many DVD players can be set to "region free" without any hardware modifications...

Didier

Yeah, I did manage to reset the region on one of my old DVD players (with some help from a friend) so that it would play American discs. I'm not really that keen on messing about with them though. Having said that, I have manged to play the DVD on my PC, although this suggests that you can only change the region four or five times before it becomes permanently set - which sounds ominous!!!! I think I'll just add the Australian DVD to the collection, look at the cover from time to time but stick to playing the UK version!
drakula63

Postby buckshot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 am

Ray,
The Chap at the back playing all the other instruments was Warren Bennett, Brian Bennetts son.
regards
Buckshot
OZ :mrgreen:
buckshot

Postby Pitts » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:30 am

Thanks for that guys... must be in his genes I guess...

Ray
Pitts

Postby Didier » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am

Pitts wrote:They had a chap playing various percussion "devices" etc and boy what a talent he has a master of many instruments.

I guess that this chap in no one else than Warren Bennett who played many instruments for this tour, including a bell for" Sea Cruise", but also synths, guitar and various percussions for other tunes. Indeed a great musician !...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Didier » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 am

drakula63 wrote:Having said that, I have manged to play the DVD on my PC, although this suggests that you can only change the region four or five times before it becomes permanently set - which sounds ominous!!!!

There are softwares which can bypass this limit...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby cockroach » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:04 am

You only need to change the region on your DVD player ONCE....

If you change the region code to zero (0) it will play ALL region discs.

My old pal Keith Bateman on this site kindly gave me the UK region version of the Cliff/Shads final tour- I live in Australia- different region, so it wouldn't play.

By going to a website - http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/mult ... ckable.asp, I found my model DVD player (approximately!) and followed the simple instructions, changed the region to zero, and the UK region disc now plays fine on my Aussie setup DVD player.
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby Bill Bowley » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 am

drakula63 wrote:Dare I admit to the fact that I just treated myself to the Australian version of the DVD. Exactly the same as the UK version, but a different cover (the same as the original advert). Can't play it on my DVD player, but I can add it to the collection. Sad, I know...

Fantastic DVD, as everyone has said, with some great camera angles and close ups.

Chris,

Interesting that you say that -most DVD Player's here in Australia sold since 2000 are 'all regions', they gave up trying to police it I think -I'm surprised that yours is region restricted. As others haves said here, you can easily rectify the problem with a minimum of effort........Now, if you need a hand translating Australian to UK English, I am sure the are enough members here fluent in the language who can help you out! :roll:
Bill Bowley

Postby drakula63 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks everyone.

Some machines - and even computers - seem to be a bit 'choosy' about what they play. I have a japanese Avril Lavigne live DVD (yes, afraid I have), which would not play on one Sony player, but would on another! Similarly, it will not play on a PowerMac but will on a much older PC!!!! Weird. I bought the sky Live in Bremen DVD, Australian version on Umbrella, and it plays fine!

I think I'll avoid messing about with things, as they often seem to go wrong afterwards!

;)
drakula63

Postby cmwatts67 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm

cmwatts67

Full Real Name: CWatts

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows