final tour dvd

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

final tour dvd

Postby kipper » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:38 pm

hi all. just got round to watching cliff and the shads. they were brilliant great dvd couldnt fault cliff or the shads. i am not the greatest cliff fan but have to say he sounded great!!!. and the sound that the shadows recreated was brilliant. talk about roll back the years. all of them together looked like they were having a great time really enjoying it. and i really think they were all overwelmed by the reception they all got at the end. wish i`d seen it live now i didnt think it would be as good as it was. they really do make a great team well done to them all and thank you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Re: final tour dvd

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 pm

I have to agree, it's a great show and well worth watching. I'm so glad that it happened and enjoyed it live in Sheffield. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby AngeliqueNL » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm

and the DVD is still selling well (atleast it is over here in Holland)! I was at a store called Media Markt earlier today and it's still listed no.5 in their DVD Top 10.
I am so glad I had the chance to attend this tour and that they even did 2 shows in Rotterdam!
AngeliqueNL

Postby Pedro » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:18 pm

I noticed that on one clip of the DVD BW is playing 'Sunburst Strat' and on the headstock it has Jonson or something similar and not Fender . Can anyone explain?
Pedro

Postby TributeShadow » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm

The Sunburst strat is made by Mick Johnson

//Patrik
TributeShadow

Postby Didier » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 am

kipper wrote: wish i`d seen it live now i didnt think it would be as good as it was.

I attended the Paris concert on november 7th, and they gave us a great show, of course, they got a huge reception, as they always did in France.
A couple of friends who hardly knew Cliff & the Shads were extremly surprised by the quality of the performance, and immedialtly asked me where to buy the DVD !

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Rosemary » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 am

I'll be buying another one soon in case I wear out the one I've already bought.
It's wonderful to watch the DVD and relive the concert (in Australia) which rates as one of the best nights of my life. The Shads were truly magnificent and Sir Cliff was fantastic too - super music and so much fun. I'm still talking about it weeks later. :)
Best wishes to all
Rosemary
Rosemary

Full Real Name: Rosemary Beattie

Postby drakula63 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Dare I admit to the fact that I just treated myself to the Australian version of the DVD. Exactly the same as the UK version, but a different cover (the same as the original advert). Can't play it on my DVD player, but I can add it to the collection. Sad, I know...

Fantastic DVD, as everyone has said, with some great camera angles and close ups.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Didier » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:39 pm

drakula63 wrote:Can't play it on my DVD player, but I can add it to the collection. Sad, I know...

Many DVD players can be set to "region free" without any hardware modifications...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Pitts » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi all,

I am new here so a big hello from a very "old" Shadows fan.. 50 ++++

Cliff and the Shadows were down here (New Zealand) a few weeks ago, being in the event industry I was lucky enough to grab almost front row centre seats.
They sold out their first concert within hours and had to do another to meet demand.

I have never been a great Cliff fan but I must say he did add some balance to the whole show which went off very well indeed.
You could certainly feel the "electricity" in the air when the Shadows played their first number.

I came away totally elated with the distinct feeling that that I had just watched a group of old friends who were just enjoying themselves without being over the top.

I must also say that the back-line guys, who of course never get star billing, were also great. They had a chap playing various percussion "devices" etc and boy what a talent he has a master of many instruments.
I really hope they can find the energy to get back here one day in the future.

Cheers to all

Ray
NZ
Pitts

Next

Return to The Shadows