final tour dvd

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: final tour dvd

Postby iefje » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:30 pm

If you're talking about tidying up live recordings, just check out the live DVD's by Led Zeppelin. All recordings are live, but most songs are made up of multitracks combined together from the various nights recorded at a venue and some are shortened. This was revealed by a Led Zeppelin fan who compared the official releases with the bootleg fan recordings and discovered various differences.
The only live Shadows tracks with later correction, to my knowledge, are "Over In A Flash", from the "'Live' At Abbey Road" album and "Mountains Of The Moon" from the double album, video and DVD "The Final Tour".
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Mark Burton » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

and add Frit City from the Liverpool Empire Video ..... Hank (unusually) messed up the solo (I know cos I was there ....) - but they left the track on the video and overdubbed the solo - listen carefully the edit's not that subtle and the finger movements don't line up with what you hear.

Actually shows you what a great band they are - entire concerts recorded without a bum note in sight ..... I continue to regularly add bum notes just to prove I'm playing live :lol:
Mark Burton
Mark Burton

Full Real Name: Mark Burton

Postby kittycph » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:22 pm

It must be a pain not to be able to enjoy a very good concert, because you have to analyse every tone, every note, every movement to find errors.
I have never doubted, that the DVD was a live take, as I attended one of the concerts at The O2.
I saw it a couple of times, before going to my second concert in Copenhagen. I enjoyed that concert even more. Everybody was just getting better and better,

And yes Warren, you really were/are that good. ;)
kittycph

Postby Didier » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:09 pm

kittycph wrote:It must be a pain not to be able to enjoy a very good concert, because you have to analyse every tone, every note, every movement to find errors.

As I once had the opportunity to say to Bruce Welch, when I listen to live music, and don't care for a few bum notes, I only care for the good ones !
But everyone knows that nowadays, live recordings are "corrected" with Pro-Tools when needed...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby LindaW » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

As for the Shads appearing to get more applause than Cliff...well that's easy to explain. The Shads have more male fans whereas Cliff has more female fans. While Cliff was on, many men sat there with folded arms not bothering to applaud much, whereas when the Shads were on stage they woke up and made lots of noise and clapped hard. (And they normally have larger hands than us girlies)!! So, more noise. Whereas us female fans clapped hard all the way through. Seemples!!!
LindaW

Postby LindaW » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 pm

PS of course I meant, when the Shads were on, on their own!!
LindaW

Postby wstagner » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 am

Isolated as we stateside have been for the past 50 years, we've never really heard the Shads OR Cliff perform live. Love all the live Shads stuff and I wasn't prepared to love the Cliff stuff on the DVD, just because I'm not a big vocals fan (and many so-called stars can't carry a tune in a bucket).

Boy, was I surprised. Cliff is among the most talented singers I've ever heard. In fact I love live clips like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agjD3oxX ... playnext=1

I only regret all the "boys" never made it stateside. Had I the chance to attend a 50th ann concert I'd be cheering for Cliff and the Shads.

Oh, and many of the Cliff tunes make great instros too.
wstagner

Postby kipper » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 am

wstagner wrote:Isolated as we stateside have been for the past 50 years, we've never really heard the Shads OR Cliff perform live. Love all the live Shads stuff and I wasn't prepared to love the Cliff stuff on the DVD, just because I'm not a big vocals fan (and many so-called stars can't carry a tune in a bucket).

Boy, was I surprised. Cliff is among the most talented singers I've ever heard. In fact I love live clips like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agjD3oxX ... playnext=1

I only regret all the "boys" never made it stateside. Had I the chance to attend a 50th ann concert I'd be cheering for Cliff and the Shads.

Oh, and many of the Cliff tunes make great instros too.

thanks thats a great clip showing just how good he is. peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby wstagner » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks, Peter. Maybe I'm a little predjuidiced cause I have a pink jaquet like his and wear it during our performances..... :lol:

What's sad to me is that the state of commericial music today sorely needs the type of music C&S perform. What's old is new. If they were all 20 years younger at this stage, I'd be busting my butt trying to find someone(s) to get them going stateside. HOWEVER, at least we have the internet and I'm sure the DVDs/CDs are selling here.
wstagner

Previous

Return to The Shadows