SHADOZ 2010 CANCELLED

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

SHADOZ 2010 CANCELLED

Postby tonykiek » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 am

Hi all,

I just received the notice below from Geoff Jermy and Russell Baird, co-organisers of SHADOZ 2010 which was to have been held in Melbourne on June 13th.

IT'S BEEN CANCELLED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“SHADOZ 2010”

CANCELLED

Sadly, we have to report that there will be NO Shadoz this year.

This is largely due to commitments clashing over the next month or so, when most of the organisation for “Shadoz” takes place.

We thank you for your support in the past, and look forward to a bigger and better show in 2011.

Very best wishes from

Geoff and Russell
tonykiek

Full Real Name: Tony Kiek

Re: SHADOZ 2010 CANCELLED

Postby ShadsDrums » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 am

I could never understand why it was held in Melbourne. Why not organise a bigger show, in Sydney? That hall you guys hold the club meetings in would be absolutely ideal.
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby tonykiek » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 am

Chris,

Thanks for your reply and interest. It was great when you and Cindy came down to join us at Shadoz 2008 in Melbourne.

I always wondered why a Sydney SHADOZ never happened, as in Sydney we have the likes of Tommy & Phil Emmanuel, Martin Cilia & The Atlantics, The Aztecs, The Joyboys, The Denvermen, Kim Humphreys, etc. these guys are the best players in the country and they would probably all make themselves available.

And the Sydney Shads club would be a great venue too, with a 500 seater auditorium, huge stage, great in-house sound system and lighting, bar, meals, etc. I tried to get this happening about 5 years ago but nobody else seemed very interested then, perhaps now I ought to try again.

Tony K
tonykiek

Full Real Name: Tony Kiek

Postby John Boyd » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am

Tony,
Are those great instro groups from the 60's, The Joyboys, The Aztecs and The Denvermen still active?
If such an occasion arose, I'd be very tempted to 'cross the ditch' for a weekend to see them in action.
Great memories of all their music from my days as a radio programmer during the golden years
and I had the pleasure of meeting the Joy Boys during their NZ tour in the mid 60's.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Return to The Shadows