"Thankyou Very Much" Video/cd differences

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

"Thankyou Very Much" Video/cd differences

Postby tim.cooper5 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 am

Hi All

On a Cliff (sorry everyone!) group I am a member of, someone has discovered something I never knew before.

Not sure if its been mentioned before or not, if so, apoligies.

The "Thankyou Very Much" video, has some (not all), different takes to the cd release of songs.

This means that the audio recording must have been done over two or more nights.

He has'nt checked The Shads tracks though, so would be interesting to know if it is the same for those or not.

Tim
tim.cooper5

Re: "Thankyou Very Much" Video/cd differences

Postby iefje » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 am

Regarding The Shadows' tracks, the video features "F.B.I." and "Let Me Be The One". The second has some interviews in between. The track has been released on the re-issued CD in mono, without the interviews. The first track is only featured on the video. The four Shadows tracks on the LP/CD have not been issued on the video. From Cliff the tracks "Up In Canada" and "Yes He Lives" were on the video and also in mono on the re-issued CD. There are indeed differences in the versions of the other tracks on the video on one side and the LP/CD on the other side. "The Young Ones" is edited on the video. "Devil Woman" on the video has a reprise at the end. "End Of The Show (Thank You Very Much)" is also longer on the video.

I still really would like to see a DVD of the complete show, mixed into stereo and 5.1 surround sound, with all of the interviews added as a bonus, not interrupting the music.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: "Thankyou Very Much" Video/cd differences

Postby tim.cooper5 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am

Hi All
I agree, I would too like to see a dvd release of this, with the interviews done seperatly.

Just for my peace of mind, I dug out my old video player (scrapping the dust off first!), and played "Move It" on the video, then played the cd version.

It is two different recordings, not an edit or anything, so I'm convinced that the audio, (maybe video too?) was recorded over more then one night.

Perhaps someone was there who might know.

Tim
tim.cooper5

Return to The Shadows