Eddie Cochran

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Eddie Cochran

Postby Rick50 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I happened to have BBC radio 2 on the other evening, Joe Brown was talking about Eddie Cochran and included sound clips of Gene Vincent, Marty Wilde and Eddie himself, explained how the chords for Summertime Blues were doubled / octaved and how Eddie was adept on bass and drums as well as being a really innovative guitarist, Marty described how Brian Bennett and Licorice were shown things (in Eddie's quiet unassuming off stage way) they wanted to use on their own instruments!
It is nearly sixty years since we lost this wonderful singer guitarist, but the music played on the radio show is crisp and fresh - and an inspiration to so many including the great gentlemen we follow on this site. :geek:
Rick50

Re: Eddie Cochran

Postby AlanMcKillop » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Tune into Radio 2 (Brian Matthews) this Saturday from 8am (I think) and hear the story.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Risky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:18 pm

AlanMcKillop wrote:Tune into Radio 2 (Brian Matthews) this Saturday from 8am (I think) and hear the story.

You can also get this on the BBC iPlayer for the next few days :)
(ex-guitar player) - now a ukulele and ukulele bass player!
Update: After 10 years absence, now a born-again Hankie
Risky

Full Real Name: Phil Wolstenholme

Postby Arpeggio » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Many thanks for the 'heads up' Alan. It's fifty years (on April 17th) since Eddie's tragic death in 1960. Who knows what he might have achieved musically if he hadn't been taken from us. Cherished Memories indeed.

Rob B
Arpeggio

Postby damart » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 am

IMHO Eddie could have been successful during the British beat group boom as he was a fine musician. A great loss. Three stars in heaven still gets my emotions going...DPM
damart

Postby Alan Prudhoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 am

Sadly, Eddie may have gone but his nephew, Bobby, still regularly tours the UK.
Lovely guy and well worth seeing.
http://www.bobbycochran.com/
Alan Prudhoe

Postby padmat78 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Just for telling you as Brian Licorice Locking will play in Paris next Saturday april 17th with the french band Guitar Express an french singer Ricky Norton for a EDDY Cochran tribute ...
padmat78

Return to The Shadows