Watkins Copycat did Hank Ever use ?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Watkins Copycat did Hank Ever use ?

Postby dave robinson » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I was there every night at the Marvin and Farrar Sheffield gig at Bailey's and after meeting Hank he showed me his gear backstage. To my surprise he was using a Shadow Echo and aVox AC30 bass amplifier. He never mentioned a broken Binson and the same kit appeared to be used every night of the week's performances. :D
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Twangaway » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Amazing how we learn new pieces of information after all these years. What was the thing with the AC30 bass was it loaned by a local shop maybe because he couldn't get it in his Porsche which I heard he had.
Twangaway

Postby Apache1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:07 pm

:D
Apache1

Postby ecca » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:22 pm

I once swapped an Eko Ranger 12 string that was given to me in payment for a recording session for a Vox AC30 bass chassis in 1977.
I went to a lot of trouble in converting this amp to a normal AC30 and indeed, fitted a master/gain volume control set-up complete with 3/4" ply Chippendale cabinet.
It sounded the same after I'd finished as when I started.
Last edited by ecca on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

Hank wasn't concerned about the Vox being a bass model, it sounded just the same as the others and according to what he said, it was the nearest one to the door when the roadie loaded the van. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Pedro » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am

dave robinson wrote:[b]I was there every night at the Marvin and Farrar Sheffield gig at Bailey's and after meeting Hank he showed me his gear backstage. To my surprise he was using a Shadow Echo and aVox AC30 bass amplifier. He never mentioned a broken Binson and the same kit appeared to be used every night of the week's performances.[/b] :D

Very sad Dave!
Pedro

Postby dave robinson » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Pedro, why do you have to be such a prat - I don't suppose it occured to you that I may have worked there and had free access to the shows whenever I was around - which was every day ? :oops:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Twangaway » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Do we need to read such offensive remarks from a moderator on such a sunny lovely day, chill out you guys
Twangaway

Postby ecca » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 pm

There's only one 't' in prat Dave.
That's better
Last edited by ecca on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 am

Twangaway wrote:Do we need to read such offensive remarks from a moderator on such a sunny lovely day, chill out you guys

I'm afraid that being a moderator does not make me exempt from being human, thus anyone making statments towards me such as calling me 'very sad' when they know 30% of sod all about me, will be responded to in any way I see fit. If people don't like being responded to in this way, then please don't make those sort of unfounded comments towards me on the world wide web - simples.

I answered a genuine question with an experienced answer and ended up with this shit - I sometimes wonder if I should bother to share it. If some folks spent more time making or discussing music around here than flaming and point scoring, it would be a better place.8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows