Watkins Copycat did Hank Ever use ?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Watkins Copycat did Hank Ever use ?

Postby OLDEREK » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:17 pm

dave robinson wrote:
Twangaway wrote:Do we need to read such offensive remarks from a moderator on such a sunny lovely day, chill out you guys

If some folks spent more time making or discussing music around here than flaming and point scoring, it would be a better place.8-)

Dave is 100% correct, it's time this was sorted one way or another, it seems we have a few members here just waiting to wind up / upset others, all the membership needs is a little pruning, we can then get on and enjoy this place, the strange thing is as moderators we all know who is going to post in a manner which is not helpful in any way and yet we let them stay?

Back to the music please....... :D
OLDEREK

Postby Twangaway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 am

dave robinson wrote:
Twangaway wrote:Do we need to read such offensive remarks from a moderator on such a sunny lovely day, chill out you guys

I'm afraid that being a moderator does not make me exempt from being human, thus anyone making statments towards me such as calling me 'very sad' when they know 30% of sod all about me, will be responded to in any way I see fit. If people don't like being responded to in this way, then please don't make those sort of unfounded comments towards me on the world wide web - simples.

I answered a genuine question with an experienced answer and ended up with this shit - I sometimes wonder if I should bother to share it. If some folks spent more time making or discussing music around here than flaming and point scoring, it would be a better place.8-)

Dave, I am not at odds with anyone here and was merely commenting on your unsavoury choice of words which some here might find offensive, and less than the standard expected of a moderator. Yes you are human, but using words like " Pratt " and even this latest response you made to defend your remarks only served to make you look like the very ****" you were describing of the other member whoever that was, by further use of words such as " sod " " shit " and add to that " will respond in any way I see fit ! " . You certainly do less moderating and more of winding people up about your agressive personality and dare I say arrogance on a board that was originally Dave Martin's baby and behaving as if it was your board. Come on Dave lighten up and let's get back on track, this was my post and I enjoyed some of the revelations you made as useful info, at least for me. So thanks for that input..

What I am saying Dave is for everyone who enjoys Shadows Music, chill out man, come down off your usual high horse and don't take stuff personally. To use your own past pearls of wisdom it's how we all inetrpret threads that causes us to react adversely at times, and this is precisely the trap you fell into yourself this time. So yes you are human, but please let's not bring this down to a sad board of street corner language. There are ladies present on these boards and us guys can do better than offend them, And as for Old Derek wading in what the hell is all that about ? muttering away as usual on much about nothing. Is he attacking me now ? for asking Dave to chill out. Yes, you are right Dave this place is getting barmy by the day with shock reactions to anyone's words and always seemingly as a bystander, all by moderators :) Chill out Derek too. Perhaps Dave Martin should put in his pearls of wisdom too to round the day off :)
Twangaway

Postby tony parnham » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

To Twangaway,
Looking at this from a third party or fourth in fact, I don't think and never have thought the word 'Prat' was offensive, infact it actually refers to a person who Chatters, talks too much, talk foolishly or irrellevantly, think about it - "Prattle". Nothing offensive there. You got the wrong guy don't you think Pedro should have had your roast instead for being pompously provoking.
Tony
tony parnham

Full Real Name: Tony Parnham

Postby Twangaway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:08 pm

I suppose that view depends on your upbringing, your morals, the language you are used to and what sort of area you live in, and maybe even what sort of housing estate etc no offence intended. This site reflects people of all walks of life. I have never in 10 years seen Dave Martin be so undiplomatic or offend anyone and certainly didn't drive anyone away from this wonderful community. Whatever Pedro meant, came across as humorous and not an offensive remark to provoke the response of offensive language or attitude to others here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and sometimes the ladies need some gentlemen around here to feel comfortable. :) Keeping the polite tone and character of the site is a responsibility we all should share, and that includes moderators. Let's be a little more understanding and not so hasty to condemn yet another person in maybe this case me in supporting respectable values. Am sure Pedro intended no harm anymore than I did by my own choice of words which were to make a point and not be criticised for doing so. I am very busy and don't post often at all but do read regularly and in general enjoy the gems of information Dave and others provide.
Twangaway

Previous

Return to The Shadows