Cliff

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Cliff

Postby Twangaway » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Is it true Cliff is stranded in his Barbados retreat following the tour and can't get back beacuse of the ash clouds, I bet he wished he still had that shiny red strat to use for a paddle :) still it's a wonderful life to be out there in the first place :) Well deserved though.
Twangaway

Re: Cliff

Postby Didier » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 am

From Cliff's official site :
Cliff performed Congratulations at the 70th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe II in Denmark on 13 April. After returning to the UK for a night, he was fortunate that his flight back to Barbados departed just ten minutes before the airport closed due to the volcanic ash.
So he must be now stuck in the island !
Unless if he has a boat large enough to come back this way...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby hbmartin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:13 am

He doesn't live in England anymore he lives there in Barbados, so he's not stranded.
hbmartin

Postby drakula63 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 am

I can think of far worse places to be stranded...
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Twangaway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

Lucky Cliff , well timed deserved break, and now as if it was imposed on him.:)
What a lucky guy, he made all those personal sacrifices in his life style to achieve his dream, and all because he felt bitten by the lure of showbusiness and the personal responsibility of becoming the family breadwinner to take care of his mother and sisters which was an honourable thing to do after the death of his father.
Twangaway

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Twangaway wrote:Is it true Cliff is stranded in his Barbados retreat following the tour and can't get back beacuse of the ash clouds, I bet he wished he still had that shiny red strat to use for a paddle :) still it's a wonderful life to be out there in the first place :) Well deserved though.

If you mean the red guitars they used in "wonderful Life', they were of course VOX guitars, not 'Strats' as such.............. :roll:
Bill Bowley

Postby kittycph » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Didier wrote:From Cliff's official site :
Cliff performed Congratulations at the 70th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe II in Denmark on 13 April. After returning to the UK for a night, he was fortunate that his flight back to Barbados departed just ten minutes before the airport closed due to the volcanic ash.
So he must be now stuck in the island !
Unless if he has a boat large enough to come back this way...

Didier

And here is the video:

regards Kitty
kittycph

Postby Mikey » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Bill Bowley wrote:
Twangaway wrote:If you mean the red guitars they used in "wonderful Life', they were of course VOX guitars, not 'Strats' as such.............. :roll:

Were they Vox? I thought it featured the Burns line-up. Which models? Any particular reason for that? I'm just curious, that's all :?
Mikey

Postby chas » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Mikey wrote:
Bill Bowley wrote:
Twangaway wrote:If you mean the red guitars they used in "wonderful Life', they were of course VOX guitars, not 'Strats' as such.............. :roll:

Were they Vox? I thought it featured the Burns line-up. Which models? Any particular reason for that? I'm just curious, that's all :?

Can't remember without seeing the film again, but the guitars they had in the early scenes. on the ship etc. were certainly cheaper guitars (not Fender/ Burns) - though they miraculously had some quality gear in the film after that (lol!) - White Fenders, Burns Double Six, Gibson J200 & Vox AC30! :D

Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Postby Bill Bowley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:39 am

actually, the guitars used to 'paddle' the liferaft were acoustics....... :roll:

Bill Bowley

Next

Return to The Shadows