The Foottappers at Derby Guildhall

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The Foottappers at Derby Guildhall

Postby Paul Creasey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:47 am

Hi Tim,
GREAT to hear from you! I feel sure that Ron will appreciate your reply - especially the info about your new snare, I recall that he's got a "thing" about snare drums - and quite a collection, too!
I hesitate to ask further questions, but what cymbals do you use these days? The last time we spoke - some time ago at Whitwell - you were about to dispose of your Sabian Pro Sonics, so what do you play now?
Best regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Postby petercreasey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:22 am

Paul Creasey wrote:Hi Tim,
GREAT to hear from you! I feel sure that Ron will appreciate your reply - especially the info about your new snare, I recall that he's got a "thing" about snare drums - and quite a collection, too!
I hesitate to ask further questions, but what cymbals do you use these days? The last time we spoke - some time ago at Whitwell - you were about to dispose of your Sabian Pro Sonics, so what do you play now?
Best regards
Paul

Watch out!!!!!! There's an anorak about :wave:
What Cymbals do you use Tim?
Tim " All of them!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps Sorry big Bro couldn't resist
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby roninnes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Tim,
Many thanks for your reply.
I am in darkest Dorset this week and relying on a 3G dongle connection so don't always get a good signal.

Drums are interesting especially your new snare. Not so long ago I picked up a 1964 Ludwig 400 snare, gave it a good clean reheaded it, new snares and wow what a sound.

Keep up the great work you guys are doing and hope to see you play one day.

Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby Little T » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Ron,
Hope you are enjoying yourself in Dorset.
Thanks for your reply, and it was nice to hear about your Ludwig snare.
I managed to get my hands on a 1970's Ludwig 400 (from Jimbo), and i agree-great sound!
Paul mentioned you have quite a collection of snares, do you happen to have a Hammered Bronze Snare?

To answer your question Paul, i've still got the Pro Sonics and i've got a set of Zildjian K Customs that I use.
They are:
20" Zildjian K Custom Ride
18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
16" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
14" Zildjian K Custom Session HiHats
10" Zildjian K Custom Splash
I bought most of them second hand off a great drummer called Dave Eyre (used to play with the Past Masters). Theyve had alot of use but still sound fantastic. I saved up and bought the HiHats new.
If you know anyone who is looking for some Pro Sonics, im still looking to sell them.
Nice to hear from you both.
Tim
Little T

Postby Paul Creasey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 am

NICE cymbals, Tim!
.............and as "our Kid" has quipped - I'm sure that you play ALL of them! ("Our Kid" has always believed the old jokes to be the best!)
I totally agree with your comment about Dave Eyre - a GREAT drummer. I saw him play a gig at a pub near Rotherham a couple of years ago in a Band which included Alan Jones and Daniel. His rendidion of "Little B" was awe-inspiring!
I recall that Dave brought his ex-Brian Bennett kit to Whitwell on one occasion, and I was proud to have an opportunity to play-it. The resulting photo of me on "BB's kit" STILL has pride of place in our home!
Last I heard of Dave was that he was Sales Manager for the Hardcase company - do you know if he still plays?
I'll keep my ear to the ground about anyone who might wish to buy your Pro Sonics. I'm still playing my faithfull AAX's, and quite like them - and even beginning to believe the theory that cymbals DO get better with age and "work hardening", although it COULD just be that I'm getting used to 'em!! I keep promising to show my old cymbals (an eclectic mix of Zildjian and Stagg!) the light of day just to compare them with my AAX's, but haven't got round to it yet!
It's good of you to take time to get involved with this forum - but don't let it get in the way of your homework!
Best regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Previous

Return to The Shadows