Top 40

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN, dave robinson

Re: Top 40

Postby drakula63 » 13 Oct 2009, 10:57

D'ya wanna know something funny? I've just been into HMV and they have Reunited on the album rack at Number 7 and Singing the Blues on the singles rack at Number 4. !! Now whilst I hope they are wrong as far as the album goes, I am clinging to some vain thread of hope that they are somehow right as regards the single! Needless to say, I'm sure that they are wrong on both counts - unless, in this particular HMV, Cliff and the Shads have the fourth best selling single!

Just thought I'd let you know...

:D
drakula63

Postby JimN » 13 Oct 2009, 11:47

Album chart 17/10/09:

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_albums.php

"Reunited" at number 4.

Singles chart 17/10/09 (top 100, despite what it says in the URL, and presumably mainly downloads):

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_singles.php

Cliff Richard & The Shadows nowhere to be seen, I'm afraid.

Overall view:
http://www.chartstats.com/artistinfo.php?id=1321

JN
JimN

Postby BrianD » 13 Oct 2009, 12:22

Gary wrote:Well i knew this was going to happen.. :cry: in Guildford there is a very big HMV store..i went to buy the CD single and could not believe they do not sell the top 40 singles anymore....most Cliff and shadows fans are over 50...and do not have PCs or dont fill safe to buy anything on line...

I am obviously an exception then :shock: . I am over 60 and cannot remember when I last bought an actual record / CD. All my purchases, including the Reunion album, have been bought as iTunes downloads 8-) . I am perfectly happy that with sensible precautions this is safe and I won't get any incurable diseases :roll: ! I hav ebeen using this route to grow my music collection for over three years and must have ordered over 30 albums this way :D .

Brian
BrianD

Postby BobGreg » 13 Oct 2009, 12:44

BrianD what media do you play your i-tune downloads on? Anything more than an iplayer will not give you the full dynamic range of sound that normal recordings give you because of the compression mode used.

All my extensive musical collection is on CD - had enough hard disc failures over the years not to rely entirely on computer storage, even though I have considerable backups and duplicate server storage on my system - still can't avoid the potential for corrupting all the data in the end if it cascades down from the first storage and backups without knowing it's started to happen.

I've just bought the Barbara Striesland CD (has one of my favourite jazz performers on - Diana Krall) so I've just cancelled out my earlier Reunion purchase - drat it!
BobGreg

Previous

Return to The Main Board