Top 40

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN, dave robinson

Re: Top 40

Postby Didier » 28 Sep 2009, 11:23

petercreasey wrote:Might it just be that a more 'mature ' fan base will work out that there is no real point in buying the single when you are buying the Album ...... begs the queston ....What's the point in singles?

I you want to have all of what has been recorded by Cliff & the Shads for the "Reunited" session, including "A voice in the wilderness", you have to buy the single, it's not on the album...

Didier
Didier

Postby chas » 28 Sep 2009, 11:27

stratmantd wrote:Well, it looks like the single has fallen out of the top 40 but the album has gone in at no. 6 which can't be bad under any circumstances.

Thank you, the BBC, for not playing the single. If your playlists consisted of nothing more than a few over-hyped acts then you get the charts you deserve; full of records that sell so few while getting to the top 10 that during the 60s, 70s and 80s they wouldn't have reached the top 100.

I haven't heard the single on the radio at all.......
chas

Postby suboA21 » 28 Sep 2009, 19:37

Terry Wogan gave the single it's first airplay 3 weeks before release on BBC Radio 2.

Steve Wright has played it a couple of times on his Afternoon Show AND some of the album when he interviewed Cliff Hank and Bruce.............

Jonathan Ross (Sat a.m BBC radio 2) doesn't even know what planet he's on......................... ;)

Steve
suboA21

Postby kittycph » 28 Sep 2009, 20:24

I have done my bit: 3 boxsets, 1 album and 2 singles. :D
Were in a HMV shop today. The album is number 6 on the albumchart
kittycph

Postby petercreasey » 29 Sep 2009, 09:11

Didier wrote:
petercreasey wrote:Might it just be that a more 'mature ' fan base will work out that there is no real point in buying the single when you are buying the Album ...... begs the queston ....What's the point in singles?

I you want to have all of what has been recorded by Cliff & the Shads for the "Reunited" session, including "A voice in the wilderness", you have to buy the single, it's not on the album...

Didier

So the real point in buying the single is for Voice in the wilderness..... so that should be the A side because that's the tune the single is being bought for?
petercreasey

Postby Sleepwalker63 » 29 Sep 2009, 09:36

petercreasey wrote:
Didier wrote:

Didier

So the real point in buying the single is for Voice in the wilderness..... so that should be the A side because that's the tune the single is being bought for?

Don't forget Dancing Shoes, and We Say Yeah on the 7" single release.

Richard.
Sleepwalker63

Postby stagetech » 29 Sep 2009, 17:44

Ha!
Thats what I would do, will do. By the way Peter, The Vox I bought off you is excellent. Many thanks Ian
stagetech

Postby stratmantd » 11 Oct 2009, 18:59

The album's up to no. 4 this week. Here's hoping that the sales continue and it works its way higher.
stratmantd

Postby RalphG » 11 Oct 2009, 19:06

That's good news. Only Barbra Streisand, Madonna and Paramore in front.

Along with Barbra and Cliff and the Shads, interesting to see fellow "Oldies" Vera Lynn, Chris Rea and Andy Williams are also in this week's top 10.
RalphG

Postby kittycph » 11 Oct 2009, 19:22

RalphG wrote:That's good news. Only Barbra Streisand, Madonna and Paramore in front.

Along with Barbra and Cliff and the Shads, interesting to see fellow "Oldies" Vera Lynn, Chris Rea and Andy Williams are also in this week's top 10.

It just shows what the buyers means is good music :D
kittycph

PreviousNext

Return to The Main Board