Hello everyone

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Purdy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Didier wrote:
Purdy wrote:AC30 to come hopefully later in the year.

Hi Krissy
As you sure you need such a heavy amp ?
I have many friends who stopped using AC30s for gigging, and now use AC15s (miked to the PA for large venues) !

Didier

HI Didier,
Thank you for the interest,and you are quite right i dont need a heavy amp,but as i dont do any gigging now ,and probably never will again the amp will stay in my music room,just for my personal pleasure of playing

It will (may) be brought just for the quality of sound, as i had one many years ago and i really dont think you can beat the warmth of a valve amp to bring out the colour of sound and ime sure there are some members who will agree/disagree that there is nothing better to get that true Shadows Sound, but we will have to wait and see how things progress,if i cant get my playing back to near the standard that it was ,it might not happen.

Krissy
Purdy

Postby ecca » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 pm

My mother's just gone 90 !
ecca

Postby alanbakewell » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 pm

ecca wrote:My mother's just gone 90 !

Well tell her to slow down there's a speed camera on the Stafford road.

( Happy Birthday Mrs. T. )
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby rogb » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Well tell her to slow down there's a speed camera on the Stafford road.

bugger it just got me
on the way with cheshire cheese :D
rogb

Full Real Name: Roger Bell

Postby Brian Leary » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Have we a mutual Norwegian friend, Christina Borgstrom?

She's a guitarist with a deep insight to human nature with all its foibles.
Brian Leary

Postby Didier » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:55 am

Purdy wrote:
Didier wrote:
Purdy wrote:AC30 to come hopefully later in the year.

Hi Krissy
As you sure you need such a heavy amp ?
I have many friends who stopped using AC30s for gigging, and now use AC15s (miked to the PA for large venues) !

Didier

HI Didier,
Thank you for the interest,and you are quite right i dont need a heavy amp,but as i dont do any gigging now ,and probably never will again the amp will stay in my music room,just for my personal pleasure of playing

It will (may) be brought just for the quality of sound, as i had one many years ago and i really dont think you can beat the warmth of a valve amp to bring out the colour of sound and ime sure there are some members who will agree/disagree that there is nothing better to get that true Shadows Sound, but we will have to wait and see how things progress,if i cant get my playing back to near the standard that it was ,it might not happen.

You'll have the same sound quality with an AC15, only lower size, weight and price. Only less volume, but more than far enough for home use.
(and a little less power consumption !).

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Purdy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks Didier,
I will definatly keep that in mind,just shows how long i have been out of the "loop" so to speak,as the Rocktek RK 20 that I have, was purchased at the same time as my old Squier Strat (20 years ago) and although its 20 watt O/P it has a small 8" (20cm) speaker, and does not have the tonal quality that i want being transistorised,it does sound better with the new guitar but still lacks that "edge"

Krissy
Purdy

Postby Brian Leary » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:40 pm

toby jameson wrote:Have we a mutual Norwegian friend, Christina Borgstrom?

I had the name wrong, It's Carolina Borgstrom in Sandefjord south of Oslo, I'm sure she knows of you.

Lesley is normaly the lady meeting and greeting our girl members and in deference to Kitty et al I think we now get the message in >700 hits that you're now a member.

Welcome ;)
Brian Leary

Postby Purdy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

toby jameson wrote:
toby jameson wrote:Have we a mutual Norwegian friend, Christina Borgstrom?

I had the name wrong, It's Carolina Borgstrom in Sandefjord south of Oslo, I'm sure she knows of you.

Lesley is normaly the lady meeting and greeting our girl members and in deference to Kitty et al I think we now get the message in >700 hits that you're now a member.

Welcome ;)

Hi Toby,
Ime sorry to say I cant recollect Carolina Borgstrom,and I have never been to Oslo but ive been around the block a few times, may have been in a former life,
but thanks for the info and for the warm welcome,and I may be having a really bad blonde moment here but whats the >700 hits thing?

KRISSY
Purdy

Postby Stratpicker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm

ecca wrote:Krissy..... will you marry me ?

Erm - are you quite sure about this, chum?
Sometimes things are not what they seem.
However, we could always arrange a "Civil" ceremony ;) for you two and a gay time would be had by all at the Reception.
cheers
ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows