Hello everyone

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hello everyone

Postby Purdy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 pm

First let me apologise if i have put this in the wrong topic box,ime sure admin will move it if needs be.
As a newbie here,I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for the oppertunity to join such a fantastic club,I have been reading some of the articles and posts ,what a lot of knowledge you all have about my favourite band,and i hope i can find something worthwhile to add.

Krissy
Purdy

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi Krissy,
Whatever you want to know - there will always be someone on this amazing site who will be able to answer your questions! Fire away!! Welcome to the incredible world of Shadowmusic.

Best wishes,

Rob B
Arpeggio

Postby d jones » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Well said Rob! and welcome Krissy! yet another member to the wonderful land of shadowmusic.
all the best Dave
d jones

Postby John Haldane » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

HI Krissy
And welcome to the mad house.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Postby Mikey » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Krissy
Do you play guitar or some other instrument yourself, or are you a fan who just enjoys the great music, or both, maybe?!
Either way it's good to have you with us :)
Mikey

Postby Purdy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Mikey wrote:Hi Krissy
Do you play guitar or some other instrument yourself, or are you a fan who just enjoys the great music, or both, maybe?!
Either way it's good to have you with us :)

Hi Mikey,
I started learning to play at around 11YO,being inspired by Hank and the Shads as most of the members on here are,after a couple of years I had an original "63" Strat,a Binson Echorec,and an original "63" Vox AC30 Twin (bass amp) as it had a much warmer sound,then came the change of direction,I kept all of my original stuff and brought a "64" Gibson EB0 Bass,(good job i kept the amp) I played in a band (which shall remain nameless) as the bass player for a couple of years,then I got itchy feet and wanted to travel,so Igave up playing, sold all my stuff and brought a car at about 17YO.........BIG mistake,BIG,BIG mistake.

Then Got married, brought a Squeir Strat about 20 years ago (which i have just referbished ,looks great) and just sort of fiddled around with that,didnt really have a lot of interest,been on my own now for about 8 years,so I thought what the hell,so a few years ago i went out and brought Chrome Red American Strat,and a Boss GT6, just have a 20 watt one speaker practise amp at the moment,AC30 to come hopefully later in the year.

but ime somewhat rusty,when ime good ,ime good,when ime bad,i just walk away ,fingers dont seem to work like they did and I swear sometimes they are not connected to my brain as they do what THEY want not what i tell them to do..........lol and I guess the french manicured nails dont help things much
but ime getting there,and as far as the Shads are concerened there is only one instrumental band in the world, and thats them,I dont think a day goes past without having either a tape or CD of theirs in the HIFi.

so equipment as follows

Chrome Red American Strat
Olympic White Squeir Strat
Boss GT 6
Rocktek RK20 Amp
Ernie Ball Pro Volume Pedal (brought before the gt6 )
Arion Digital Delay DD1 (brought before the gt6 )
both Guitars on Fender super bullets (10-46)

best wishes
Krissy :D P.S thanks to all the guys that have said welcome ;)
Purdy

Postby tomtomdavehull » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Krissy,
Being a drummer I know nothing about your gear but I would hope that someone from Essex invites you to go along to one of the Shadows Club meeting in your area.

Welcome to Shadows Music.
Dave
tomtomdavehull

Postby JimTidmarsh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:01 pm

indeed, we have two clubs in Southend and Burnham - you'd be welcomed at either.
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby Stratpicker » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Welcome Krissy and good luck with re-learning verything!!
I have been doing this since 2004 with the help of everyone here. Just call and we'll be there. Sounds like a song title.
Although I have a Vox VT60 for gigging, I have "Son Of Rocktek 20" aka Acoustic Solutions JE21 at home in my little rubber room for practise work. It does its job - er - sort of -but you may eventually throw it through the window because of its lack of "tone". Good job it's way LIGHTER than my Vox - LOL!!
Keep on pluckin' - and get them nails CUT!!!!
cheers
ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby RUSSET » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Krissy,
Welcome to our site. Nice to hear of a girl who likes the Shads as much as the lads do. Are you sure about buying that AC30 ? They weigh a ton, you know. Probably about 75lbs. You could do yourself a mischief. Most of us chaps, being of a certain age would balk at trying to move one without lifting gear. I would recommend starting out with a decent small amp that can be lifted with one hand. Check out the Vox Pathfinder 15R, or the Fender Superchamp XD. They are both easily portable, are 15w output, & are great for practising at home, as you can push them without bringing the neighbours out.

Tony.
RUSSET

Next

Return to The Shadows