Hello everyone

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Ecca, if you study Krissy's picture very closely, as I'm sure many of us here have, you will see that she has two fingers raised. I would suggest that it is her carefully considered response to your bold proposal of marriage :lol:
Mikey

Postby ecca » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 pm

OK then, if that's a no-no.
Will you dig my garden ?
ecca

Postby Purdy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 am

toby jameson wrote:Bloody Hell---there's a first :lol:

I've had many aliases and you can't kid a kidder. Caught it at the first message days ago.

Mr Leary

When I joined this web Club I read the first page and I quote " You'll meet the greatest bunch of folks." I love the Shadows and their music,and thought this is the place to be,as i had lost touch with my music and thought this will put me back on track after the death of my partner 8 years ago with cancer,which destroyed the lives of both of my children as well as myself but somewhere along the way some rather nasty minded people decided to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5, I am neither gay, nor male,oh yes i did get the subversive inuendo,and if i was gay I would be with women not men,and i am sure that if there are any gay men or women on this site they like me would think it came very close to homophobic with even the moderator joining in.

I am sorry to disappoint you all but my name is correct, its not an "Alias" I do hope in the future you dont treat all newcomers this way,just because they write differently I have also removed my picture as i will not be the butt of anybody elses jokes and ridicule and i just wonder if the moderators will leave this in place as the other disgusting rubbish posted by certain members.

It is obvious to me that I am not welcome here but i would especially like to say thank you to those members who have helped me in the few days that i have been here.I will not be back,i dont need this in my life on top of everything else I just think its so sad that you have to be hounded out by people through no fault of your own

KRISSY
Purdy

Postby Mike Honey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:19 am

Good for you Krissy. i am also leaving this forum . bye all

mike
Mike Honey

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 am

If I for one have offended Krissy I am mortified but i'm really not sure what's supposed to have happened.
Her departure is a great loss because she had such an fascinating musical background and i could see some interesting debates developing. It is also a real shame that she has left with such an unfavourable impression of this forum.
I feel really bad about it :(
Mikey

Postby Didier » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:12 am

Purdy wrote:It is obvious to me that I am not welcome here but i would especially like to say thank you to those members who have helped me in the few days that i have been here.I will not be back,

A few people behaved in a very stupid way, and here is the result. This is sad...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby d jones » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 am

Please don't think everyone on this site is like that Krissy! as we most certainly are not. I along with many others will miss your posts and i agree that new and old members should not have to stand for the gutter press that you have received!
Remember it's about the Music music music!
Take care and all the best to you Krissy!
Dave
d jones

Postby David Martin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 am

Moderator comment: And this is what happens when we don't "stick to the music"... what a shame ...

I'm not a very PC person, but I reiterate... everyone is welcome here provided they are people of good will - and have read and accept the "Read Me First Before Posting" area.

I'm going to freeze this thread now. Please don't start it up again under another guise...

I hope that Kristal, and everyone else with an interest in this music, will continue to participate here
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Previous

Return to The Shadows